Chapter 34 - A Monster's Appalling Ambition

I hope this does not come off as too aggressive, but I would ask you to please reveal your true thoughts on a particular question:

How far would a human being go to fulfill their own ambition?

Imagine there is a goal you desperately want to achieve.

An object you want in your possession.

A very cherished person, one that you dearly care for.

An ideology you want to prove.

If the path is straight, if one doesn't have to climb over obstacles, then it is easy. You could fulfill your ambition without much worry at all.

But what if it is different?

What if there are a multitude of seemingly impossible hindrances blocking the path?

What do you do then?

Do you simply give up?

Or do you push on?

It is not shameful to give up. If that is the path one takes, so be it.

But if you take the other path, the path of obstructions, then you shall face an immense amount of hardship.

There will be actions one has to take that would seem "inhumane" to others.

What if you had to hurt a friend?

What if you had to discard your family?

What if you had to leave those that care for you behind?

What if you had to abuse someone's glaring weakness?

What if you had to kill?

The greater one's ambition, the greater the hardships,

and the crueler one has to become.

Many great men in history have died, becoming martyrs of their own believes in the process.

Is everyone supposed to end up like that?

Just a fleeting mention in the flow of time?

While many naturally do so,

the boy didn't want to.

The boy doesn't want to end up dying like a fool, not having realized his true ambition.

No matter how cruel he has to become,

now matter what atrocities he has to cause,

he will always achieve what he sets out to do.

---

I was currently laying on top of my bed, leisurely thinking about the fireworks coming up the following night. I wonder how my "date" with Kikuchi would proceed. I had also received a message from Mimimi, inviting me to a different fireworks festival that was taking place at the same time, but I declined.