Chapter 13 - Prelude to Pandemonium

Admiration.

An emotion felt by observing people of competence, talent, or skill exceeding standards.

This does not include praise of the heartrather, that of the mind and physique.

Non-moral excellence.

But how is the feeling of "admiration" born in our times?

When we hear of a new ground-breaking invention that is responsible for solving a problem thought to be impossible?

When we see a group of  meaningful individuals accomplishing a grandiose achievement and reaping their laurels, benefitting their species as a whole?

Is admiration that far removed?

Or is it closer to us?

An emotion we feel upon seeing abilities exceeding excellence in our vicinity?

Members of your close circle who inhibit extraordinary characteristics?

Those who show what they are truly capable of in a certain field or at a well-known subject?

You, yourself, have to decide which option is the most suited for your being.

But even then, most cannot choose themselvesfor they are forced to follow the strings strewn by their inherent soul.

Their mind wanders and so does the body.

But even if you inhibit aspects of admiration, is it an advantage?

Or a gateway into darkness?

The study of the human mind has concluded that its main function of existence has to be self-improvement. Learning. Furthering the knowledge one possesses.

While some believe it will only activate when thoughts are directed in a way that the belief a certain achievement is attainable for oneself, it has also been discussed that admiration is akin to passive contemplation of another's superiority.

It is neither inferiority nor jealously.

Rather, it is a whetstone that was built into ourselves since the dawn of time to keep sharpening and sharpening one's own tools.

So sharp until we could be proud of ourselvesuntil we could say with confidence that we achieved what we wished for. What we originally had in mind.

Admiration does not corrupt. It is either stationary or shines behind oneself.

Some even wish to go so far as to show a tendency to praise the admired act to others, a possible desire for contact and proximity with the elevated being in question.

A want to show off what one has mastered. What one has learned. To earn praise and fulfill expectations that others and oneself had set before.

But

can the mind keep the feeling of admiration?