Chapter 18 - Reconnected Rivalry

Change.

A new path to take.

An opportunity in the eyes of many.

Change is scary, is it not?

Something you're used to, something you've done for a very long time..

vanishes. Goes away. Leaves your life.

Obviously, people do not want to experience anything like that.

But sometimes it is necessary.

You cannot always keep old structures. Sometimes, some things have to be destroyed and built back up.

A constant cycle.

Human beings enjoy comfort, routine and a sense of security. You cannot blame them because of it.

But as soon as that is disrupted, humanity experiences both positive and negative, physical and psychological changes.

However, it is essential that it happens to everyone—as it leads to your body and mind sharpening even further. If it never happens, your senses dull and your being deteriorates.

There are different ways in which "change" can manifest itself.

Often times, you are able to consciously control something, so you start pondering your actions.

"What am I even doing?"

"Is this the right thing?"

"Am I not committing a fatal error?"

Self-doubt can be one of many possible catalysts.

Just like a tree springs from a single seed—it too, can grow into a construct deeply engrained into our souls.

There is also one other method of change occurring—when it is forced upon us.

It is often unwelcomed and is likely to leave a broken relationship between those imposing change and those that it is affecting. As a result, this tends to create a delay between the implementation of a change and the acceptance of it.

Naturally, when you are not in control of something, you start to resist. After all, since you weren't responsible, you aren't aware of the possible consequences.

"Will this evolve into a catastrophe?"

"Or will it save me from my plights?"

Doubt creeps up your spine. You start to suspect the motives of the one causing change.

"Why.. are they doing this?"

"Are they helping me? Or will I become responsible for my own doom?"

You start to fear for the possible future to come.

You don't know if whatever you are doing even has a purpose.

But either way, you are forced to do it. There is nothing else.