Epilogue - Curious Child's Willing Wager

The sun's era has ended, and now a new one starts its cycle.

All your experiences,

all your thoughts,

all your actions,

all your impressions,

stuffed into a little box and put away into a corner of your mind.

In the new situations awaiting you, you shall make use of your new-found knowledge.

It is not a shame to rely upon the past; no, in fact, it is a virtue many more should hold up.

Look at the bad and good. Consider both sides in the upcoming challenges.

The road one shall take will be laced with obstacles and difficulties.

You may fall, you may get exhausted, you may even give up.

But that is fine.

One simply has to pitch a tent, and take a rest.

The next morning, take a big step and look ahead.

A new tomorrow is awaiting you.

---

The figure approached with slow, methodical steps. I didn't bother standing up and instead stayed seated on the bench.

They eventually stood in front of me, revealing themselves to be...

Amasawa Ichika.

"Didn't know you like to play with girls' hearts, Senpai~" Amasawa said something factually wrong and talked about a personal matter of mine that had absolutely nothing to do with her. Her devilish little grin was just the cherry on top. 

But I'm used to her teasing by now.

I'm sure this situation looked weird from an outsider's perspective. "Amasawa Ichika, a first-year, and Ayanokōji Kiyotaka, a second-year... just what kind of connection could these two have?"—they'd ask themselves something like that. However, there was no realistic way anyone at Sekimoto would have ever been able to guess how we knew each other or why we even conversed in the first place.

I sighed in annoyance. "With the current situation we've found ourselves in, we cannot allow any transgressions."

"Yes, yes~" There was no way she meant that honestly.

Suddenly, Amasawa leaned in closer, extended her hand and tried to caress my cheek.

I immediately grabbed her arm without hesitation.

"Don't even try."

"Aw~ what a bummer!" I let her go and Amasawa retracted her hand. "I mean, even I'm curious about the softness of your cheeks!"

...

I had enough of this and decided to stand up. Talking with her would only waste more of my energy. 

But before I left, I requested one last thing. "Amasawa, I want you to deliver a message to Yagami."

She sensed a change in the tone of my voice and behavior. Amasawa immediately stopped her teasing and put on an apathetic expression, which was completely unlike her.