Chapter 29 - Youthful Younglings

Youth.

Truly, the prime time of anyone's life. Of course, there are certainly exceptions.

It is a period where you experience the most changes not only to your body, but to your psyche, your mind as well.

Your values change. Your way of thinking may change. Your soul undergoes a transformation.

But of course, not only do you change.

You enjoy, as well.

You partake in the proposals life offers you.

In the hedonistic pleasures lying around.

It may satisfy your curiosity, your hunger, or even quite possibly...

your lust. Carnal desires, are, of course, a part of life as well. Let us not ignore them.

With all that said, what is one of the most common youthful activities?

One that would be classified as "fun"?

There is one that comes to mindplaying a game.

But that is far too big of a term. It encompasses many different kinds of activities in and of itself.

Then let us specify.

Something that "youths" would enjoy.

Exciting. Fulfilling. Fun.

All these attributes must match. There is no other way.

With that said, there is one played by many.

It is known as the game of lies and elusions.

---

"Pot meet kettle, huh?" I answered her nonchalantly. But seriously, wasn't the hypocrisy her statement symbolized apparent? How sad. I expected at least a sliver of self-reflection from someone like you, Hinami. But even that is seldom.

Her anger did not subside. She was glaring at me, her frustration reaching a bubbling point. "What!? This is totally—"

Deciding that her useless utterings needed to stop at some point, I turned my gaze towards her. Now, she was able to see my whole face. 

"Hinami, I will not give you an outright answer as to whether I was pretending or not."

She huffed, thinking I was taking her for a fool, or that she was able to see through my words and actions, like one could see through clear and fragile glass. "So you were pretending then? Really? Why aren't you using your—"

I sighed and cut her off midsentence. This was getting tiring to deal with. "I haven't told you if I was pretending or not. That is for you to decide. However—"

Pausing for a second, I allowed Hinami to collect her thoughts and mentally prepare herself. Then, for the first time, I stared right into her green pupils, which reflected my own. My eyes were holding nothing back.

"Look into a mirror, Hinami."

I felt like a vein just popped on her forehead, but I simply ignored her.