Chapter 24 - Preparatory Performer

Vacation.

Something everyone looks forward to.

Young and old. Children and adults. Students and employees.

It is a time where you are allowed to do anything you want:

Visit new places, experience new sights, eat unusual foods.

Everything your heart desires—as long as it does not overstep any obvious boundaries, of course.

Also, vacation is not free, it is something earned. Something which you have worked for. Many days, weeks and months spent working on something.

It wouldn't be a far reach to say it symbolizes "salvation" in the eyes of some.

They indulge themselves in the luxuries life has to offer, and try to forget about the mundane life they are leading.

Some may also dislike it since they see it as a simple "time waste" which distracts them from the meaningful things in life.

But as a whole, it is seen as something positive.

However, a question remains—are all these hedonistic pleasures simply momentary? Or will they make a lasting impression on an individual?

Will one stay the same once a vacation has ended, after having seen so much?

Or can something change?

Their way of thinking. Their physique. Their values.

Will any of these aspects radically transform?

While many would disagree, while many would agree—

the boy wanted to find out for himself.

---

Finally, my summer vacation had arrived—but I couldn't exactly relax just yet. My schedule was packed: first the overnight barbecue trip, then the job interview, my fireworks festival "date" with Kikuchi and then my date with Mimimi. Unlike last year, where I didn't really went out with anyone besides Matsuo, I have a lot of things to look forward to. However, whether all of them turn out positively is another matter. Not everything can be sunshine and rainbows.

As I was watching an anime about some reincarnated skeletal overlord, a notification popped up on my phone. On closer inspection, it was none other than the Hinami Aoi, my mentor in all things regarding life.

[NONAME: Don't make any plans for tomorrow.]

If I shouldn't make any plans for tomorrow, does that mean they are planning on going to the overnight trip? But I wasn't given a specific date, and I'm sure Hinami would at least give me time to prepare and pack my things.

But before I could answer, I quickly received another message. That girl doesn't waste a second, huh.

[NONAME: We're gonna meet at Mimimi's house to plan everything for the BBQ trip.]

I had a small guess as to what they were actually planning on doing. If my prediction was correct, it could prove to be quite beneficial to me in the future—and if successful, a certain red haired succubus's attacks wouldn't have much of an effect anymore.