Opening

3rd POV

Man: "Genetics. From the day we first appeared we were nothing more than blobs of molecules. But as time marched forward we grew. Over thousands of years we evolved to what we are now. This is all thanks to the genes within our makeup. And I believe this is where our future lies. By focusing on specific genes we might be able to push ourselves beyond what we're currently capable of. Which is why I'm asking for your support. With your funds I can continue my research and launch humanity into the next stage of their evolution."

After some silence the place erupts into laughter.

Man2: "What a joke!"

The speaker narrows his eyes. A bell then rings dismissing the investors. But one of them is stopped by the speaker.

Man: "Hold on Allen. I know you'll take me seriously."

Allen: "Come on Ian. I'm late for a lunch meeting."

Ian: "Five minutes. That's all I need."

Allen: *sigh* "Just five minutes."

Ian: "You won't regret this."

He opens his scroll making files be projected.

Ian: "As we know Faunus possess special abilities due to their heritage. Because of this people call them the superior species. Now imagine if we can give those kind of abilities to a regular person."

He scrolls through several files with animals on them.

Ian: "The leaping power of a flea. The proportionate strength of an ant. The speed of a cheetah. The reaction speed of a star nosed mole. These combined with several other abilities crammed into a single vessel. The result would be the most powerful version of a human."

Allen: "So what you're is that you wanna create an artificial Faunus?"

Ian: "More like a pseudo Faunus. He'll be mostly human. With Faunus DNA mixed in."

Allen: "This crosses the ethical boundary. I mean what you want to do is create a life form with man given abilities."

Ian: "I'm trying to evolve us. I want only what's best for humanity."

Allen: "Still though. None of this is natural. Man isn't meant to play god like this."

Ian: "If Oum can create then so too can man."

Allen: "If that's the case then I won't be part of it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm late for a lunch meeting."

He exits the auditorium. Meanwhile Ian smiles looking at his scroll.

Ian: "Tried the easy way. Now for the hard way."

He taps several buttons. When he's finished all of Allen's funds transfer to Ian.

Ian: "Now to create life."

He heads to his lab to begin his crazed experiment.

*timeskip one year*

Ian makes his way to his lab. But getting to the main door he encounters Allen. 

Ian: "Allen."

Allen: "You."

Ian: "Something wrong?"

Allen: "Yes. You stole all of my funds!"

Ian: "I don't know what you're talking about."

Allen: "No matter how many times I refilled it you just kept bleeding me dry!"

Ian: "I think you need to calm down."

Allen: "I trusted you! When the dean hears about this you'll-"

He's silenced by a knife being plunged into his stomach.

Ian: "Like I said, you need to calm down."

Allen: "Why?"

Ian: "Evolution is coming. And no one can stop it. Not even Oum."

Allen: "You'll burn... in hell."

Ian: "I'll meet you there then."

The life finally leaves Allen's eyes. Pulling out the knife Ian drags Allen's body to an empty locker in his lab. He then walks back to his computer to continue his work.