The Verdict

Y/N POV

Mom leaves the stand as I hear Hugo.

Hugo: "I'd like to call my final witness. Miss Belladonna."

I watch as Blake sits on the stand.

Hugo: "Miss Belladonna, what is your relation to Y/N?"

Blake: "I'm his girlfriend."

Hugo: "So you're pretty close are you not?"

Blake: "I guess you could say that."

Hugo: "So close that he'd disclose any and all secrets?"

Ozpin: "Objection, relevance?"

Harlow: "Get to the point."

Hugo: "Miss Belladonna, did Y/N ever tell you he was a part time vigilante?"

Blake: "No."

Hugo smiles as Ozpin gets up.

Ozpin: "Miss Belladonna, why did Y/N not tell you of his vigilantism?"

Blake: "Because he feared for my safety. He said the last thing he wanted was for me to get put in the cross hairs of him and his enemies."

Ozpin: "There you have it folks. Miss Belladonna has proven that Y/N is more than a reckless criminal. He puts others before himself. A regular criminal would never even consider doing this."

Blake leaves the stand.

Harlow: "You may now give you closing statements."

Hugo: "Ladies and gentlemen, Y/N is a criminal through and through. He has on multiple occasion gone above the law in pursuit of his quote unquote heroic deeds. This is by all accounts, the behavior of a law breaker."

Ozpin: "Y/N is an innocent man. His goal was to help the citizens in their time of need. And I say he more than delivered. Day in and day out he has thrown his own safety to the wind and helped the people. I fear without his assistance a lot of people may not be here today."

Harlow: "Both parties have made their claims. Y/N L/N, do you wish to say anything?"

Y/N: "I have only one thing to say. I don't regret anything I did. I was always raised to do whatever I can to help."

Harlow: "Brave words. I give everyone a five minute recess while I make my verdict."

He bangs his gavel dismissing us. As everyone leaves the courtroom my side surrounds me.

Ozpin: "How're you holding up?"

Y/N: "Well my future is about to be decided. So as well as I can."

Ruby: "We're so sorry you have to go through all of this."

Y/N: "You guys ain't gotta be sorry. I made my bed now I gotta lay in it."

Glynda: "No matter what happens, we'll fight for you."

They all smile.

Y/N: "Thanks guys."

After a couple of minutes everyone renters the courtroom. Harlow then takes his seat.

Harlow: "I have reached my decision."

My heart seems to stop as I await my fate. 

Harlow: "While I am deeply thankful for everything you've done for the citizens and Vale. I'm afraid your acts of vigilantism cannot go unpunished. By the power vested to me I hereby find Y/N L/N guilty of vigilantism. He is to serve a minimum of six years behind Vale bars."

He bangs his gavel. The courtroom explodes into uproar while I just think. 

Y/N: "That went as well as it could've."

*small timeskip*

I get escorted out of the courthouse to see a much larger crowd waiting for me. They display either joy or anger.

Man: "Serves you right criminal!!"

Woman: "He's innocent!!"

I get shoved into the van that transported me here. I look out the window to see Lisa reporting.

Lisa: "Lisa Lavender here and a verdict has been reached. The hero of Vale has been found guilty. He's now on his way to serve his sentence. What will his absence mean for us the citizens? Will we be as safe as we were?"

I sigh, will they?

3rd POV

Panning to the rooftop of the courthouse we see a cloaked figure staring at Y/N. She smiles seeing her plan coming together. She turns around as two wings sprout from under her cloak. They flap quickly to the point they leave a small after image. Her body lifts off the ground as she flies away.