Slug Fest

Y/N POV

I groan getting to my feet. I rub my leg as pain still courses through it.

Y/N: "Man Blake wasn't kidding. It's like hitting a brick wall. If I'm not careful he'll crush me. I gotta play this smart."

I leap towards the man. In the air I attach webs to his ankles. With a pull I lift him over my shoulder and slam him back onto the ground. He gets up grabbing the web strands.

Y/N: "Uh oh."

Man: "Come down here."

I'm violently yanked out of the air towards the man. He reaches to catch my neck. I use my reflexes to dodge his hand. Now safe I grip his head with my legs and backflip launching him away. He gets up grabbing a shipping container.

Man: "Catch."

As if throwing a piece of paper he tosses the shipping container at me. It lingers over me like a cloud. Holding my hands up I muster as much of my strength I can. The second it hits my hands a shockwave travels down my entire body. My muscles scream and my bones creak.

Man: "Impressive."

I power scream and toss the shipping container away. My arms shake as my hands repeatedly clench.

Man: "You've got spirit kid. Most people would buckle when faced with that much strain. But you persevered and conquered it. For that you have my respect."

I inhale raising my fists.

Y/N: "Thanks. But I think it's time we ended this fight."

He shows a genuine smile.

Man: "You truly are special. Your undying determination is your greatest strength. With it you'll achieve many great things. May you continue to grow."

He rushes at me. I wait till he brings his fists down. When the moment's right I slide between his legs. Now in his blind spot I wrap my arms around his waist. I lean back slamming him down in a german suplex. His neck pops as his aura shatters. I let go looking up at the sky. Panting I see the man semi conscious.

Y/N: "Answer me this, how did you come to wield your strength?"

Man: "It was a product of an experiment. One meant to push the boundary of human limits."

Y/N: "So you're an experiment like me."

Man: "Suppose that's something we have in common."

He laughs.

Man: "What's your name kid?"

Y/N: "Y/N. Y/N L/N."

Mark: "Mine's Mark. Mark Blanco. I shall forever cherish this fight young Y/N."

Y/N: "Thanks."

Mark: "If I may offer some advice."

Y/N: "Go ahead."

Mark: "You displayed great hand to hand. But you should never over rely on what you see. Because there'll come a time where your eyes will fail you. My advice is that you train to hone you instincts. Therefore when the day comes you lose sight you won't be defenseless."

Y/N: "I'll take that to heart."

Mark: "Till next we meet, Y/N."

I see him pass out. Gathering enough energy I slink my way back to Beacon. Crawling through my window I lock my door and just fall face first onto my bed.

Blake POV

I hug Weiss accepting her apology. When we part Ruby speaks up.

Ruby: "Hey you fought with the hero."

Blake: "I did."

They all surround me.

Yang: "Tell us everything."

Blake: "Whaddaya mean?"

Weiss: "We mean, what was he like? Was he a leader? Was he easy to work with? Stuff like that."

Blake: "Well he was down to earth and was more than capable of handling himself."

I place my hand on my chin.

Blake: "But there was one thing that was weird."

They lean closer.

Ruby: "Spill it."

Blake: "When he caught me-"

Yang: "Lucky."

Weiss: "Hush Yang. Go on."

Blake: "He asked me if I was okay."

Ruby: "That doesn't seem like a big deal."

Blake: "Except he used my name. Which I never disclosed."

They back up.

Yang: "That is kinda weird."

Weiss: "I wonder how he knew your name."

Ruby develops a devious smile.

Ruby: "Maybe he's a secret admirer."

Yang bonks her head.

Ruby: "Ouch, my head."

Yang: "Be serious. If you ask me this just means that things are getting interesting."