A Date

Y/N POV

It's been about two weeks since Blake and I became a couple. In that time I've successfully managed to hide my alter ego. At first it was hard. Only bad thing is that it kinda hurts our relationship. Sometimes when we're about to go out on a date I would cancel to help stop a serious crime.

At this point I don't know why she hasn't dumped me. I've offered her loads of excuses but she doesn't deserve any of them. She deserves to know the truth. But I just can't tell her. Not without risking her safety. Getting out of my head I discard my costume and run to my dorm. Getting there I see Blake sitting on my bed, and she's not happy.

Blake: "You were late again."

Y/N: "I know. But Oobleck needed help-"

Blake: "I'm sure it was more important than our date. It usually is."

Y/N: "I'm sorry Blake. I really am. But-"

Blake: "It's okay. I forgive you. All I expect is that you make our date tonight."

Y/N: "I won't miss it. I promise."

She smiles walking to me.

Blake: "I'm gonna hold you to that."

She kisses my cheek.

Blake: "Don't forget."

She exits my room. Locking the door I take off my costume and lock it in the closet. Barricading the door I sigh.

Y/N: "Time for another break. At least until I can figure out a balance in my dual lives."

That night I get dressed up. Now proper I rush into Vale to snag my table. A couple of minutes later Blake joins me. 

Y/N: "You made it."

Blake: "I could say the same for you."

Y/N: "I'm not even gonna comment."

I pull out her seat and gently scoot her to the table.

Blake: "Nice job snagging a reservation. I heard it's a two month minimum wait."

Y/N: "Well lucky for us my mom and the owner of Oum's Pantry are really good friends."

We place our orders and wait.

Y/N: "Hey, I got you a present."

I reach into my pocket giving her a small box. She unfolds the bow and opens it.

Blake: "It's beautiful."

She take sit out revealing a gold version of her emblem hooked to a necklace.

Blake: "Hey it's even got my birthstone."

Y/N: "Look on the back."

She flips it over.

Blake: "So that you can keep me close to your heart."

I help her put it on. Thankfully it's the right size. I sit down as she admires the emblem.

Blake: "How on earth did you afford something like this?"

Y/N: "I had help from a certain man."

Blake: "Well it's lovely."

I smile when police sirens wail. Cops then zoom past the restaurant at break neck speed.

Y/N: "Oh no."

Blake: "You say something?"

Y/N: "No."

Our food finally arrives.

Waiter: "For the man our famous medium rare steak. And for the lady..."

My scroll goes off. I look to see an alert about a hostage situation.

Blake: "I thought we agreed no scrolls."

Y/N: "Sorry. Thought it was on silent."

I turn it to low vibrate. We then dig into our meal. But then entire time I eat my scroll goes crazy with alerts. Why must crime strike now?

Blake: "You okay Y/N? You look a little distracted."

Y/N: "I can assure you I'm perfectly focused."

Man: "Man would you look at that."

We turn to the tv. 

Man: "Those cops aren't doing so hot. They need help."

Woman: "I wonder where that hero is. He's usually there by now."

Man: "Well he sure is taking his sweet time."

My knee begins to bounce. I gotta find a way to leave and go help.

Blake: "That's weird how the hero's not saving the day. Hope he's okay."

I now bend my fork out of nervousness. I then get an idea. I call the waiter.

Y/N: "You guys still do song requests?"

Waiter: "Yes."

I slip her a hundred.

Y/N: "I need you to distract her with a song. Think you can help me out?"

Waiter: "Certainly."

She takes my money and heads to the stage.

Waiter: "We received a request. This song goes out to the girl at table nine."

The band begins playing. Blake looks at me.

Blake: "Did you do this?"

Y/N: "Guilty."