Beacon's Test

Y/N POV

Girl: "Wake up sleepy head!!!"

I jolt up leaping into the air. I blink a few times when I see a girl with orange hair. I sigh in relief when she speaks up.

Girl: "What're you doing clung to the ceiling?"

I think.

Y/N: "It's part of my heritage. It happens when I'm scared. And you kinda scared me."

Girl: "Oh, sorry about that."

Y/N: "Water under the bridge."

I let go doing a backflip and sticking the landing.

Girl: "Nice. Solid ten."

Y/N: "Thank you."

I get dressed and head to the cafeteria to get something to eat. Gathering a buffet I dig in. Mid way through I hear a familiar voice.

Girl: "Hello again."

I turn seeing the orange haired girl.

Y/N: "Fancy meeting you here."

She giggles. When she quits she holds out her hand.

Nora: "Name's Nora. Nora Valkyrie."

I shake her hand.

Y/N: "Y/N."

She points over her shoulder to a boy in green.

Nora: "That's my friend Ren."

Ren: "Greetings."

Y/N: "Nice tot meet you."

We let go.

Y/N: "You guys taking the initiation too?"

Nora: "Yep. And we're gonna conquer it."

Y/N: "Well I wish you both the best of luck."

Ren: "Thanks. We wish good fortune to you too."

I finish my buffet and head to the locker room. Seeing that I don't need a weapon I head straight to the cliff for initiation. After awhile Ozpin, Glynda and the other students arrive. 

Ozpin: "Good morning. For years you've all trained tirelessly in hopes of sharpening your skills. Well today of that training will be put to the test."

Glynda: "Now I know some of you may be confused on the rumors on teammates. They're true and you'll be given them today."

Ozpin: "The first person you make eye contact with after landing shall be your partner. Once you have one head to the north end of the forest. There you're to grab a relic and bring it back here for a grade. Everyone clear on these rules?"

They all nod.

Ozpin: "Good."

I'm the first to be launched. I go soaring through the air and scream in joy. When I think it's right I hold up my hands. They grab a branch sending me twirling around it. After two spins I let go somersaulting onto the forest floor. 

Y/N: "Now to head north."

I dig my feet into the dirt. With a smile I zip through the forest as a partial blur. The trees whizz by which makes me smile.

Y/N: "Man it feels good to be fast."

Only half a minute later I reach the relic temple. I then spot most of the relics already gone.

Y/N: "I guess others have already been here."

I nab the last relic and run back towards the cliff. Upon reaching the cliff I see the others fighting both a Nevermore and Deathstalker. I send out a strand of web towards the Nevermore. I pull launching myself on top of it.

It roars quickening its flight speed. Acting quick I shoot out two strands of web which attach to both wings. Pulling the right one the Nevermore strafes left. It squawks but is shut up by slamming into the cliff face.

Ruby: "Watch out!"

I limbo as Ruby brings her scythe in hooking the Nevermore by its neck.

Ruby: "Give me a lift?"

I grab her hand. Then with all my strength I toss her upwards. She gets to the top of the cliff and beheads the Nevermore. After a quick celebration we head back to the amphitheater.

Ozpin: "Finally is Y/N L/N. Under normal circumstances you'd be asked to leave since you don't have a partner. But seeing as there weren't enough students I'm gonna bend the rules. From this day onward you're among the few to have the pleasure of forming a one man team. Congratulations young man."

That night I watch the news on the tv. Seeing a perfect crime I slip on my costume. Now dressed I leap into Vale to help fight crime.