Bested

Y/N POV

Ruby: "But we don't even know what the White Fang is planning."

Blake: "Which is why we need to find out. At the docks was someone who was employed by them. It's a gut feeling but something tells me that he's just the beginning. We need to stop the White Fang before they cause too much damage."

Weiss: "But where would we even start?"

Yang: "We start by pressing the town. We split up and ask around. We're bound to pick up something."

Weiss: "That's a plan."

Blake: "But it's better than nothing."

They huddle up while I crawl back into my dorm.

Y/N: "Those girls are gonna get themselves killed. Mark was incredibly tough. And if what Blake said is right then they have no idea what they're in for. They need help."

I look at my barricaded closet.

Y/N: "No, I'm on leave. But I can't just sit and watch the girls get themselves killed. I have no other choice."

Acting quick I withdraw my costume. I slip it on opening my window.

Y/n: "I'm not back. This' just a... emergency call in."

I throw up my hood and mask. Pulling down my goggles I leap out of my window into Vale. Landing on a rooftop I look around.

Y/N: "Where are you guys?"

I scan the area when I see Blake entering a warehouse. I land on the roof and peer through a sky light. It's then I see a crowd of Faunus cheering. Panning to the side I see them cheering to a girl. She looks to be twice my age. Her hair is blood red with her eyes being snow white. Her skin is dark, almost like a light caramel. 

Y/N: "Who's she?"

I watch as she spots Blake and heads for her. Blake runs away when I attach a strand of web to the woman's back. I yank her towards me. But she turns around and shoots some kind of green fluid at my web. Upon contact the web sizzles before snapping.

Y/N: "What?"

The woman kicks my chest sending me flying away. I align myself sticking to the side of a building. The woman lands adjacent to me and pulls the web off of her.

Y/N: "What was that?"

Woman: "Internally built acid."

Y/N: "Who are you?"

Darla: "Darla. Darla Blackwood."

She puffs out her cheeks spitting that acid. I leap out of the way towards Darla. But when I get close she hocks another acidic loogie. It strikes my chest. Pain hits me as this burning sensation gets close. In a desperate attempt I rip off the burned section of my clothes. This leaves my bare chest exposed.

Darla: "Nice quick thinking."

She delivers a right hook which I limbo under. Countering I kick her ribs. She winces before kicking out my remaining leg. Acting quick I roll out of the way of her foot. However as I roll back onto my feet an acidic blob hits my face. 

Y/N: "Ahhhh!!!!"

I tear off my googles and mask. I frantically wipe the acid off my face. When it's clear I see only a blurred world. Looking back at Darla I see her as three blurred blobs.

Darla: "You're at the disadvantage. Give up."

I close my eyes.

Y/N: "Never."

I rush forward. I deliver a right hook but it hits only air. My ear twitches as I feel something coming my way. I try to focus on what it is but my senses are all over the place. My lack of defense lands me a powerful right hook to the jaw. I tumble back with my knees hitting a ledge. I can only scream as I free fall towards the ground. 

My head slams against something metal making my body side flip. My ribs crash onto what's clearly a rail eliciting two cracks. I fall for about a second until my feet hit concrete. My ankles emit a pop as my head gives me a double tap. I try to get up but my body screams before going limp.