Prisoner

Blake POV

I walk to Glynda to see her arguing with a guard.

Glynda: "I demand you release him this instant!!!"

Guard: "He's a criminal. We keep criminals locked up."

Glynda: "He saved Vale!!"

Guard: "Yet broke several laws during his acts of vigilantism."

Glynda: "He was doing your job!!"

I pat her back.

Blake: "You should calm down. The last we need is you getting arrested."

She ceases her ranting. We then take a seat when the tv grabs our attention.

Lisa: "Lisa Lavender here and you're tunning into VNN. I've just received word that the police chief is getting ready to give a speech."

The feed cuts to said chief at a podium.

Chief: "The attack on Vale is indeed tragic. But hear me when I say it's all over. The perpetrator responsible has been arrested and shipped off to a secure prison somewhere in Atlas. Now I'm sure all of you are now aware of the hero of vale and his capture. We have him while we arrange a court date. Know this citizens of Vale. The hero has committed several felonies with his supposed heroic actions. His capture just proves that not even he is immune from the punishment of the law."

He walks away as the crowd gives various reactions. I look at Glynda to see her become worried.

Glynda: "I failed. I failed to protect him and now he's facing serious jail time."

Blake: "It'll be okay Miss Goodwitch. We'll find a way to get Y/N out."

Voice: "Did I miss anything?"

We look to see Ozpin walking to us. 

Glynda: "Did you know?"

Ozpin: "I-"

Glynda: "Answer me. Did you know?"

He sighs.

Ozpin: "Yes. I knew since his first night at Beacon."

Glynda: "And you didn't think to stop him?"

Ozpin: "I saw the determination is his eyes. He was never gonna give up. Which is why I decided to help him."

We both tilt our heads.

Ozpin: "Have you ever wondered why it was always so hard for the police to catch him?"

Blake: "Did you-"

Ozpin: "I merely threw their gaze in another direction."

He walks to the guard.

Ozpin: "My name is Ozpin, headmaster of Beacon Academy. The boy in your possession is a student of mine. I request you let us speak with him."

Guard: "No can do gramps."

He reaches under his coat withdrawing a small card.

Ozpin: "Not even if I ask as his lawyer?"

The guard looks over the card.

Guard: "You got five minutes."

Ozpin: "I thank-"

Guard: "But only the girl can go. Tell her what you need to tell him."

I walk past them into the room. Going inside I see a visiting area. There's a glass wall with rows of chairs and phones. I take a seat in one booth.

Speaker: "Bring him out!"

A buzzer is heard. My heart then aches seeing him. He sits and points to the phone next to him. I look and see a phone for me too. We pick it up.

Y/N: "Hey."

Blake: "Hey. Oum it feels good to hear your voice."

Y/N: "How're things out there?"

Blake: "Good. But it just ain't the same without you."

We both put our hand on the glass.

Y/N: "I'm sorry Blake. This isn't the way I wanted you to find out."

Blake: "When were you gonna tell me?"

Y/N: "I wanted to since the very beginning. But I feared how it would affect our relationship. You have to understand Blake. That night at the docks I fought someone really strong, stronger than myself. If there are more people like him then they're bound to fight me. And if they ever found out about us then there's no telling what they'd do."

Blake: "I... I understand."

Y/N: "I really wish things had played out different. I wish I coulda told you in private, but now the whole world knows. Guess that means we won't be together."

Blake: "No matter what. We'll always be together."

I offer him a smile which he returns.

Speaker: "Time's up!"

Two cops come by and escort Y/N away.