Chapter 2

Donning a sage dress as I walk through the hallway to my office. Hearing a small pitter-patter of tiny steps.

Raising my eyebrow feeling a light tug from my dress, looking down seeing one of Elijah's twins, Noah, holding a white rose.

A smile instantly appeared on my lips seeing how shy and noticed a faint tint of pink on his cheeks.

"G... Good Morning, Mistress. I'm sorry to disturb you, but I just wanted to say thank you for saving my sister." He started as his blush deepened.

"I saw this white rose in the garden and instantly thought of you." He paused and shyly looked away as he handed me the flower.

A giggle escapes my lips as I crouch down to match his height, lightly patting his head.

"Thank you for the rose. And you're welcome." I replied as he smiled at me. 

I was about to stand up when he held my hand, looking back at him as he shyly averted his eyes away.

"Is it okay to give you another rose tomorrow?" He asked.

"And where we'll you get the rose?" I inquired.

"Garden." He replied.

An awkward silence fell between us as I pondered what to say to this little kid. As our eyes met, exhaling a sigh. Nodding my head as my reply, his eyes sparkled with excitement. 

"Now, run along. Before your father will conduct a massive search and rescue party for his missing son." I stated, Noah nodded his head, my eyes widened as he placed a quick kiss on my cheek.

Staring at his back as he left, closing my eyes as my head throbbed. Exhaling a breath and shaking my head as I compose myself.

Afternoon came as I was deeply indulging in working on some paperworks and signing some documents, a cup of tea appeared on my table, lifting my head up.

Raising my eyebrow as I noticed Ava, my now assigned personal maid, had swollen red eyes. Placing a hand under my chin as I stare at her.

"What happened?" I asked. 

"Nothing, Mistress." She quickly replies, her voice quivering.

"You're lying." I nonchalantly stated.

A tear escapes her eyes as she quickly wipes it with the back of her hands, standing up as I approach her. My hand lightly gripped her chin, lifted her face as our eyes met.

"Tell me." I said.

Tears now streaming from her eyes as she suddenly hugged me. Startled by her action, I quickly relaxed and patted her head as I caressed her hair.

"My husband cheated on me." She whispered.

"And when did you find this out?" I asked.

"Last night, I caught them on our bed." She replied.

"Is he the one abusing you?" I asked, her eyes widened as she looked at me.

"H... Ho... N-no, Mistress." She answered.

"I know when someone is lying." I mumbled as she averted her eyes. 

She slowly nodded her head as anger rises inside me.

"Do you want me to kill him?" I asked, Ava gasped and quickly shook her head. A chuckle escapes my lips seeing her stupefied.

"Just tell me. It's been a while since I killed an adulterer." I added, giving her a smile, "Have some rest. Let your heart rest for a while." I said.