Chapter 7

DAVIA

Standing nowhere as darkness surrounds the area and my feet touching the cold water. I started to walk aimlessly.

Exhaling a sigh as the water continues to splash and ripple every step I take. 

"Where the hell am I?" I asked, my voice echoed as I raised my voice higher.

Furrowing my eyebrows as I heard the rattle of what seems to be chains, I quickly followed the noise hoping whoever or whatever that was could help me get the hell out of this place.

My steps fastened as I saw a woman standing, her back facing me and the wind ruffling her long silver hair.

"Excuse me." I said, slowly approaching her. 

My eyes automatically went to the chains binding her whole body, tightly. You can see bruises forming and some marks of the chains on her arms and legs. 

"Are you okay?" I asked.

As she slowly turned around, the chains rattled once again. And as she lifted her head and looked at me, a gasp escaped my lips seeing how battered her face was and her soiled white dress.

"You found me." She said, furrowing my eyebrows as I heard how different emotions are in her tone.

Pain. Sorrow. Longing. Fear. Sadness.

As our eyes met, a smile formed on her lips and slowly closed the gap between us, but failed to do so as the chains stopped her from moving from where she was standing. 

"Who are you? Why do we have the same face?" I asked.

"Don't let him control you." She said as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Control? Who?" I asked. 

"Help them. Don't let him win over you." She muttered as I looked at her confusingly, "You have to wake up from this nightmare." She added.

"Wha... What are you talking about?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

My eyes widened as she looked at me directly in my eyes, her bloodshot eyes screaming in pain as tears continued to flow from her eyes.

"Wake up!" She yelled, "Remember who you are. He's been controlling your mind. Break free. I know you're strong. Fight him." She added.

Taking a step back, I started to feel scared as I stared at her longer. The woman covered her face and cried. Her loud wails echoed everywhere.

Lifting my hands as I wipe my cheeks, tears now streaming down my cheeks as I continue to stare at her.

Blue flowers started to grow from the ground as I looked around, turning back towards the woman, she was now holding a broken hourglass and the pink sand poured out.

As our eyes met once again, a single tear escaped her cheeks. 

"Please be strong and don't let him control you or you will regret it in the end." She said, closing her eyes. 

Jolting awake and gasping for air, clutching the blanket closer to my chest as I looked around and found myself inside my bedroom. 

"What the fuck was that?" I whispered. 

Startled by the knock, "Mistress. It's Ava. It's time to wake up." She said, exhaling a sigh as I replied for her to come in.

Caressing my lips with my thumb as I recalled my dream earlier.