Chapter 14

"You hungry?" I asked while my eyes focused on the road.

Smiling as I heard Claude adorably hummed.

"Yeah." He replied.

"What do you wanna eat?"

"Um..."

"Taco? Cheeseburger? Fries?" I suggested.

"Are you hungry?" He questioned.

Laughter filled inside the vehicle when my stomach emitted a sound, making me feel heat rising to my cheeks. Biting my lips for such an embarrassing moment.

"Let's go for some taco and cheeseburgers. Is that okay with you?" I asked and briefly gave Claude a glance.

Nodding his head, I ruffled his hair as I swerved as soon as I saw a fast-food chain nearby. Averting my eyes towards the rearview, an SUV was closely tailing us.

Rolling down the window as I waved my hand, a smirk plastered on my lips as I saw the surprise look on Barton's face. Lining through the drive thru with them behind us.

I told them our order and moved to the next window, paying with my card. Receiving the food as I gave Claude his.

"Eat well." I said, lightly patted his head as he gave me a nod.

As I continued to drive, after a few hours we arrived at the amusement park, where Claude wanted to go. Finding a good spot to park the car, a few seconds past an SUV parked beside mine. Exhaling a breath, get off my car and went to Claude's side, opening the door for him. They were also piling out of the vehicle.

Ignoring them as I offered my hand to Claude to which he immediately placed his, my smile widened as I lightly tapped his nose, making me scrunch my nose and giggle at his silly reaction.

Winking at him, "Let's go, kiddo." I said, Claude nodded his head and together we entered the park.

"Where do you wanna go first?" I questioned, averting my eyes to his as it sparkled with excitement.

Claude mumbled a wow under his breath, earning a chuckle from me.

"Bumper Cars? Carousel? Ferris Wheel? Roller Coaster? Haunted Mansion?" I asked.

Humming as I followed where he was staring intently.

River Raft

Chuckling at him as I gently tugged him and lined up for our turn. Not really minding them – the Avengers – I focused my whole attention to Claude and Claude only. Buying every food he wants, everything he wants, and even riding the rides he wants.

We were sitting outside under a big parasol, Claude and I was enjoying our ice creams when a shout and a shuttered object caught our attention.

"Yannie!"

"Oh, God! Help my daughter, please."

As I was about to ignore it, Claude held my hand as I turned towards him.

"What is it, champ?" I asked.

"She needs help." He answered.

"Medic is on the way. They will attend to her when they got here. No need to meddle in their problem." I stated.

"But..."

As Claude was about to say something, the medic arrived and immediately tended to the injured girl.

"See, they've got it all under control. No need to worry, Claude." I mumbled, patting his cheeks.

As my eyes darted to where the medics were. A memory started to flash.