Part 1

Violet had joined them for tea. "Where's Robert?" she asked.

Cora sighed, she wasn't going to like the answer. "He took Isidor for a walk then he's going to tell him about Cricket.

 Violet sighed. "He should have had a nanny! I do not understand the need for Robert to take him around!"

"Mama, I told you I didn't want a nanny for him especially after the difficulty of his birth." Cora replied firmly. "And it's good for Robert to spend time with his son  since he waited long enough," Cora replied, going outside to see if she could find her boys. She didn't notice Violet had followed her at first so she jumped when the woman spoke up.

"I give up. I don't understand but I give up."

"Hello Mama! Granny!" Isidor called from afar. He held a Cricket bat and listened as Robert explained what he was to do.

Violet looked at Isidor, not pleased by her grandson's name or the fact that Robert was running around at his age.

She heard the crack of the bat. "Well done, Isidor!" Robert exclaimed watching the ball fly through the air.  "Mama!" Robert yelled. 

She saw the ball arcing towards her  but suddenly Cora stepped in front of her. She heard it hit flesh and Cora cried out in pain, falling to the ground.

Robert rushed over to check on his wife while 6 year old Isidor followed, crying. "I killed Mama!" he said, sniffling. 

"No, my darling," Cora replied, wincing as Robert helped her to a seated position. "I'm quite all right."

Isidor moved to her side and looked at her. I didn't mean to give you a booboo," he said sadly.

"Don't you worry about it. I'll be just fine. That was a very good hit," she said with a smile.

"Papa said I could play on the house team when I get bigger!"

"What is a booboo?" Violet wondered aloud

Isidor laughed and explained it to Violet. "Isn't it a funny word, Granny?" he asked.

"Yes, quite funny."

"Let's get your Mama inside, Isidor. Mrs. Hughes can give her some aspirin."

"I'll find her!" he said "I would like to help Mama too."

"Very well, "Robert replied. Just ask her to go to her room, please."

"I'll be back, Mama and Mary and Matthew should be joining us."

"Dinner is served, Milady," Carson said.

"Her Ladyship will be going up to rest for a bit, Carson," Robert explained.

"Very well, Milord."

Cora was lying in bed when Mrs. Hughes arrived, Isidor behind her, handing Cora a cup of water with aspirin powder in it.

"Thank you."

"Would you like me to call Dr. Clarkson?" she asked. That bruise looks painful."

Cora looked over at Isidor who had a frown on his face. "It's not too bad," she replied. 

"But dinner on a tray if Mrs. Patmore doesn't mind. I think I'll turn in early

Once she left, Cora told Robert to bring Isidor to the nursery for bed and join everyone for dinner.  "Goodnight, Izzy!" She said.

"Good night, Mama," he answered climbing onto the bed to hug and kiss her. "Can I sleep with you tonight?"

"And where will Papa sleep?"

"His dressing room."

Robert sputtered and Cora chuckled. "No, my darling, you should really sleep in your bed. I'll see you after breakfast tomorrow.