Untitled part

Robert new Cora was tired so the stayed the night at Rosamund's before returning to Downton. And just as he feared, Britain had fallen into the Great Slump as they called it  or the great depression in America. Either way both countries were in a recession.  He glanced out the window from the drawing room. Rosamund's footmen had been fast loading the car as homeless men and their families were covering every open space on the sidewalk and street. If they were to make their train on time, they would have to leave soon. He glanced back at Cora wondering if they should wait until most of the crowd was run off by the police. "Reedy?" he asked. 

She nodded. "I suppose."

they ran to the car. Cora climbed in quickly, turning when she heard Robert cry out in pain then slumped forward. She screamed when she saw knife sticking in his back.

"No  No! Robert!"

Meade ran around the the side of the car , shoving people out of the way. "Milady, could you pull him towards you?" he asked. Cora did and her heart skipped a beat when she heard him groan in pain. She stopped worried she'd make it worse, But she and Meade were able to get him into a seated position, leaning forward. He shut the door and got back in the car. Cora tried to keep Robert from falling back because the knife could be pushed in further. There was so much blood all over his  coat, her dress and the car. She couldn't lose him too!