Flashback: the birth of Isidor Robert Crawley

Dec 1914

Cora was not so excited about Christmas this year. She felt huge and exhausted. Being pregnant and older really took it's toll on her. She and Robert went to London to go shopping for presents but all she wanted to do was lie in bed. She was tired and everything hurt, her legs, her back, her head. Robert was happy and excited enough for the both of them but he didn't realize how much of a toll this was taking. Mary had finally decided to say yes to Matthew  so they would be married after the birth of this little one. She felt bad for Matthew but he seemed to be coping well with the idea. It was Mary who was having the issue.  She said some horrible things to Cora and she had been hurt deeply by them.  She decided not to let Robert know why she wasn't speaking to their eldest child currently. Mary basically called her  disgusting for being with her husband at her age.  It reminded her of the uncouth man she met in New York. The one she met who stole her virtue. She never told anyone not even her mother. She placed a hand on her protruding stomach when she felt a kick.
"Oh!"
"Cora are you all right?" Robert asked.
She smiled. "Of course darling. The baby just kicked and surprised me."
"We should head back anyway so you can rest before dinner,"he said.
"I suppose." Cora replied,taking his hand.