Chapter 3: 'Thank You' bolna reh gaya!

Anupama looked at Anuj. He was stoking his hair and shying a little upon somthing his friend had talked about. Anupama looked at him for a long time, for some reason, she didn't want to stop looking at him.

Devika: Chal class ke baad thanks bol denge..

Anupama: Ha, ye hi theek idea hai..

Anupama sat on her seat and started to take out her notebook. Anuj opened his notebook and started doodling while looking at Anupama. Sanjay caught Anuj looking at Anupama.

Sanjay: Anuj..kya dekh raha hai? Ya poochu, kis ko dekh raha hai?

Anuj: kuch nahi yaar..bas woh..

Anuj blushed. He knew if he told Sanjay everything, he'd keep on teasing him! So he stayed silent.

Soon the class got over but the moment the class was dismissed, few people came for taking the names for competitions as well as committees. The moment they announced, everyone started gathering near the people. Anupama also went ahead to hear about the dance competition while Anuj went ahead for the cultural committee. Soon the students were taken by the respective coordinators to different rooms for registration. While going they were informed that the other classes today had been canceled and that they can now leave home. After the registrations, everyone left for their homes.

Anupama and Devika met outside the college. Devika had gone to enroll herself in the cultural committee while Anupama went in for the dance competition.

Devika: Anu! Kaisa tha? Register kiya ki nahi?

Anupama: kar diya!! Aur tumne?

Devika: arre mai jau aur mera kaam na ho, aisa kabhi hua nahi meri jaaneman!

Anupama: Devika tu bhi ne!

Devika: Arre yaar!

Anupama: Kya hua?

Devika: Hum toh thanks hi bolna bhool gaye Anuj ko! Chal phir, kal bolte hai..agar yaad raha toh!

Anupama: yaad kaise nahi rahega?! Aur hum thank you bolenge hi!

Devika: Theek hai meri maa! Chal ab, ghar chalte hai!

They both left for their homes. Anupama looked at the college gate hoping that Anuj will walk out and they'll say thank you to him then and there, but unfortunately, till the time Anupama was looking, Anuj did not come but as she looked away, Anuj came out of the college and saw the two girls walk away. He just smiled and went in the opposite direction to catch an auto.

Anuj's father, Ajay Kapadia, was a business man, but his business wasn't well established yet, they earned well but not enough for affording 2 cars as well as 2 drivers. His father worked hard day and night to make his children, Anuj and Malvika's life a fantasy. He had dreams of expanding the business and then handing it over to Anuj and Malvika, so he worked as hard as he could. Anuj's mother, Damini Kapadia, was the manager of the company as well as stayed at home like a homemaker. Anuj and Malvika usually used to stay with GK, Gopichad Kadodia, their house help, he was less of a house help and more of a family. Neither did the parents and nor did the children consider him any less than a family member. They all loved him, especially the children.

Anuj came back home and met GK, he told him about his day, and especially the girl he met today.

GK: Oh, toh woh ladki dikhti kaisi hai man?

Anuj: Kya batau..agar batane lagu toh GK bohot der ho jayegi..

GK: alright man, abhi chalo aur khana khaa lo..phir homework bhi kar lena phir baat karenge hum!

Anuj: Theek hai kaka!

Anuj went inside his room and freshened up.

He opened up his diary and started writing:

"Sundarta aisi, ki duniya me kahi mile na,
Lajawab, khoobsoorat, usse aur kahu kya kya, hai woh anupama,
Aur gajab se, naam bhi wahi, Anupama.."

He closed his diary and looked outsode his wondow. He then went around with his day.
_____________________________________________

Anupama on the other hand came back to her house and started her homework after lunch. She was doing her homework when she looked out the window and remembered Anuj, how he was stroking his hair. She smiled looking at the clouds and then realized what she was doing!

Anupama: Yeh kya ho raha hai Kanah Ji..mai badal ko dekh ke Anuj ko kyu yaad kar rahi hu..shayad isiliye kyuki kal thank you bolna hai na unne..yaad dilane ke liye thank you ha Kanah ji!
_____________________________________________

Next day morning, Devika and Anupama were talking to each other while reaching the corridor of their college. From behind them, Anuj came running towards the hall where the committee members were asked to report before the classes started.

Anupama looked at Anuj, he crossed them and headed towards the hall. Devika remember that even she was supposed to report to the hall.

Devika: Anu, mai baad me milti hu, mai bhool gayi thi humme aaj hall me report karna tha! Bye!!

Devika left as soon as possible. Anupama looked at the hall where both Anuj and Devika had headed to. She smiled and then remembered that they had to thank Anuj for the juice. She headed to her class and sat down at her seat. People were still coming in, very less people were seated in the class as of now.

Soon the entire class started pouring in. Anupama was looking at the door waiting. Anuj came in while discussing something with one of the group members.

Anuj: Ha, theek hai, kal hi hum log poster bana lenge aur class class jaa ke announcements bhi kar denge.

Boy: Ha theek hai, well you know Anuj, you are great at this! Just wow!

Anuj: Arre! Thank you, thank you! Par agar baki ki team na ho toh mai akele bhi kuch nahi kar sakta!

The two boys laughed and sat at their chairs. Anupama's eyes were following Anuj ever since he entered the class. She couldn't even explain the reason to herself for this action of hers. Devika quickly joined in.

Devika: Anu! Pata hai, aaj humme teams allot kar di hai! Aur pata hai, mere team me mai ek lauti ladki hu!

Anupama: arre baap re! Devika, tu dhyan rakhna! Itne saare ladko ke sath tu zyada der tak bahar mat rehna, ho!

Devika: Anu, hum sirf 3 jan hai, ek aur ki zarurat hai but koi mil nahi raha! Kum logo ne committee join ki, isiliye humme sirf ek member aur chahiye yeh wali team complete karne ke liye.

Anupama: accha..kya abhi bhi logo ko le rahe hai? Agar le rahe hai toh mai..mai bhi aana chahungi!

Devika: fantastic! Ruk ja..mujhe na baat karni hogi Anuj se..abhi tak toh baat nahi hui hai humari iss baat ko leke but abhi ho jayegi! I'll be back!

Devika left in a blink of an eye. She approached Anuj and Anupama felt very shy. She looked the other way round.

Devika: Hi! Anuj mujhe kuch poochna tha tumse..thoda urgent hai!

Anuj: Ha sure, bolo Devika..

Devika: Anuj, waise bhi humare team me ek member kum hai..

Anuj: hmm...

Devika: toh mai sooch rahi thi ki..

Anuj: Ki?

Devika: Kyu na hum sir se baat karke Anupama ko apni team me le le? Waise bhi woh interested hai!

Anuj looked at Devika. Did she say 'Anupama'? Of course! He heard it right! Devika's friend Anupama, the same girl he's been dreaming about!