Chapter 16: Arun ka sach

Anuj was at his home resting. He had finished all his work and Mukku was out playing with their neighbors. Anuj turned on the radio but his focus was still on everything that Devika had told him about Anupama and her feelings. Anuj went off to sleep accepting this as his fate. He knew that no matter what, atleast he will be a good friend to Anupama.

A few days passed by and everyday Anuj would see Anupama with that other guy and feel jealous but control his feelings and stayed quiet. They had had started to go out together for movies and lunches. Anupama and Arun were dating!

But one day, Anuj was with Mukku, he had come to drop her for her dance class when he saw Arun with some other girl. The way they both were standing, the closeness, it irritated Anuj. He stayed back and waited for the other girl to leave in order to approach Arun. When the girl was leaving Anuj recognized her as Priya Kulkarni, a fellow student at the same college but she was in science. The moment Priya left, Anuj came forward and held Arun and dragged him in a corner.

Arun: What the hell! Kya bakwas hai?!

Anuj: Arun! Tum uss ladki ke sath kya kar rahe ho?!

Arun: Tumse matlab!

Anuj: Ha matlab hai! Tum aise do do ladkiyo ko dhoka nahi de sakte!

Arun: really? Aur tum kin do ladkiyo ki baat kar rahe ho?

Anuj: Mai Anupama aur Priya ki baat kar raha hu!

Arun: Ok listen Mr. I think you are mistaken! Mai kisi bhi ladki ke sath khel nahi raha!

Anuj really?! Agar yeh jhoot nikla toh tumhare liye accha hoga..aur agar yeh jhoot nikla toh mujhse bura tumhare liye iss poori duniya me koi nahi hoga!

Arun shrugged Anuj off and left from there. Anuj went and waited for Mukku's class to be over. They left for their home after that.
___________________________________________

Next day morning, Anuj saw Arun near Anupama and he acted as I'd nothing had happened! What a shameless person he was! When Anupama went to the bathroom, Anuj approached him once again.

Anuj: Arun kal ki baat yaad hai na tumhe?

Arun: Kal ki baat? Kaisi kal ki baat?

Anuj: bhool bhi gaye?!

Arun: Arre ha! Yaad aaya! Tum mujhse nahi! Mere judve bhai se baat kar ke aa gaye ho Anuj! Mai Arun aur woh Arjun.

Anuj was shocked! He just realised he was doubting Arun for no reason for having an affair with another lady! He felt very embarrassed.

Anuj: S..sorry Arun..woh..

Arun: I understand! Tum ek acche dost hone ka farz nibha rahe the..it's totally understandable! Don't worry!

Arun said this and patted on his shoulder and left from there. Anuj realised that he was wrong, Arun wasn't really a bad person..maybe he really does love Amupama..
___________________________________________

A few months passed by, Anuj used to see Anupama with Arun and slowly had began to accept that Arun wasn't a bad man. Every now and then he'd spot Arun's brother Arjun with different girls but he never paid heed to it as it was none of his business.

It was one of those days, Anuj was passing by a park when he heard some people scream and shout. Anuj went near to see what the matter was and saw that Arun's brother Arjun was being beaten up by the people in the park. Anuj interfered and stopped them all from beating Arjun.

Anuj: Aap sab inta kyu maar rahe hai?

Passerby: Beta iss ladke ne ek ladki ke sath zabardasti karne ki koshish ki hai!

Anuj: Kya?! Arjun ji..aapne..

Arjun: Anuj..dekho koi galatfehmi hui hai inn logo ko! Tum inn logo ko kuch samjhao! Maine aisa kaam nahi kiya hai!

Anuj: Aap sab logo ko koi galatfehmi hui hai! Arjun ji ko mai bohot acche se jaanta hu aur woh aisa kuch nahi karenge! Koi misunderstanding ke wajah se aap sab logo ko aisa lag raha hai ki Arjun ji ne aisi ghinooni harkat ki hai. Please aap sab into chod dijiye..

Everyone walked to each other and then decided to let him go. Anuj took Arjun to the nearby clinic and got him some first aid done. Anuj dropped Arjun to his house and left to go to his own house.
___________________________________________

The next day morning, Anuj was talking to the other boys in the class when Arun came in. Anuj looked at him, Arun was bruised, beaten up and first aid was done. Anuj recalled yesterday's events and realised that Arun was hurt in the same places as Arjun was. Anuj decided to confront Arun about this.

When Anuj was approaching Arun, he saw that Arun was talking to someone already. He was about to leave when something from inside insisted him upon staying and waiting for the talk to be over and then talk to Arun. He was standing there a little behind and due to the angle in which Arun and the other guy were standing in, Anuj wasn't visible. Anuj overheard their talks.

Arun: Hadd ho gayi hai yaar! Kya ullu log hai yeh sab! Mujhe toh laga tha ki woh Anuj ne mera jhoot pakad hi liya hai par thank God maine usse bhi ullu bana diya. Ussne seriously mere uss kahani par wishvas kar liya ki mera ek judva bhai hai, woh bhi Arjun ke naam ka! Hadd ho gayi! Ladkiya toh ullu hai hi, par yeh ladka toh Maha ullu nikla!

Arun was laughing on this with his partner. Anuj was unable to believe this! They had considered Arun to be a good friend of theirs and here he was betraying them! Anuj wanted to hit him on his face but he didn't. He knew he had to manage his anger. Arun then told his entire plan of promising Anuapma for marriage and then taking money from her and then leaving her. Anuj's blood started to boil! He knew he had to do something or the other.

He just cannot sit there and let his Anupama be cheated by this freak.Anuj decided that no matter what all he needs to do but he will make sure that this guy Arun will not be successful in his plans! He knew that in this course of plan, he might need to head few things from Anupama herself but he was ready to do this so that her heart remains untouched.

He decided to start this mission of his. Upon reaching home, he called up Devika and asked her to reach the house ASAP and alone, not with Anupama. Devika came to meet Anuj and Anuj decided to tell everything to Devika. When the truth was out about who Arun was, Devika felt the need to go and slap that man but she stopped.

Devika: Toh tu kya karna chahta hai?

Anuj told her everything, the entire plan. Devika listened to it carefully and then they decided a way out to execute their plan together in the most realistic manner and in the most successful way. They both knew that this will hurt Anupama but they wanted to avoid the greater harm that she would've received if he directly cheated her.