Chapter 4: Anupama a part of the Cultural Committee?

Anuj looked at Devika. Did she say 'Anupama'? Of course! He heard it right! Devika's friend Anupama, the same girl he's been dreaming about!

Anuj: Ha, theek hai mai sir se aaj baat kar leta hu, iss class ke baad jaake. Jaha tak ki mai jaanta hu, sir mana nahi karenge, unhe toh khushi hogi ki ek aur member add ho raha hai, but still I'll ask him! Don't worry!

Devika: Thank you soo much Anuj!

Devika said this went headed back towards Anupama. Anuj's eyes trailed her until they reached Anupama. She was wearing a blue kurti. Anuj looked at her for a while and then smiled and started looking at the other side.
_____________________________________________

The moment the class was dismissed, Anuj ran outside to talk to the committee in-charge. Anupama looked at Anuj, she wondered what his urgency is that he ran out of the class. Then Devika started talking to Anupama while everyone else from the class exited the room. Both Devika and Anupama had decided to stay inside till their next class which was after 1 hour.

On the other hand, Anuj reached the cabin of the professor in-charge. The cabin was locked but from another professor he got to know that Professor Kamal, their committee in-charge, must be coming back to his cabin from his class. Anuj waited outside the faculty room for the professor.

After 20 minutes, Professor Kamal came back to the faculty room. He saw Anuj waiting outside.

Prof. Kamal: Anuj, tum yaha? What's the matter boy?

Anuj: Sir, woh, aapse baat karni thi..

Prof. Kamal: Ha bolo..

Anuj: Sir woh humare class me ek ladki hai, she wants to join the committee.

Prof. Kamal: Sorry beta, ask that girl to try next year.

Anuj: but why sir? Anyways we require more people on board..

Prof. Kamal: Beta the announcement was made yesterday, if she was really intrested she should've participated and vouched her name yesterday itself.

Anuj: Sir yesterday she was giving her name for the competition, due to which she wasn't able to come for the committee..

Prof. Kamal: Beta, these types of girls only join the committee for gossip and chit chat..

Anuj: Sir woh aisi nahi hai..trust me..

Prof. Kamal: Anuj..dekho beta..

Anuj: Sir aap usse ek mauka toh dijiye..please..agar mai galat sabit hua..toh..umm..toh aap mujhe bhi nikal dijiyega committee se..I will personally take her responsibility sir, please 🙏

Prof. Kamal: Anuj..theek hai beta, but remember your promise, okay?

Anuj: Ji sir..aapko complaint karne ka ek bhi mauka nahi milega sir, I promise!

Prof. Kamal: alright! Aaj ke meeting ke liye usse sath me le ana!

Anuj: Ji sir! Thank you soo much!

Anuj ran away from there after thanking the professor.

Prof. Kamal: ummm..lagta hai Anuj ko woh pasand hai! Isiliye toh usne apni membership ko dao pe lagake uss ladki ko team me shamil kar raha hai! Yeh bacche bhi na! Saare ek jaise hi hote hai iss age me!

Professor Kamal laughed and headed inside the faculty room.
_____________________________________________

Anuj was on his way back to the classroom when he saw Sanjay with a few new people.

Anuj: Sanjay, mera bag?

Sanjay: Anuj tera bag wahi class me pada hai! Jaa le aa!

Anuj: class me?!