Chapter 11: Kahi deri na ho jaye!

They practiced for a while and then Anupama was tired so she took a break. On the other hand Anuj was getting used to the cords. Anuj was almost perfect at playing the cords on his guitar but still needed more practice. Anupama stopped her dance and turned off the audio to the song as well and saw Anuj playing the guitar with full concentration. He looked like a cute little rabbit with his full focus on the guitar. He opened her ghungroo with the highest level of silence that she can in order not to disturb Anuj. She opened her ghungroo and kept them there itself and quietly walked up till the sofa next to Anuj. She sat there looking at him play with concentration. His eyes, his hands, everything about him was soo focused on the cord and the guitar that Anupama couldn't resist but adore him like that. She kept on looking at him for a while. Anuj was very very busy trying to get the cord right that he didn't even notice that the song, Anupama as well as her ghungroo, all three of them were silent. Finally after trying very hard, Anuj was able to do it. Anuj looked up in celebration and saw that Anupama wasn't there. Soon he realised that the song was also not playing and spotted her ghungroos over there on the floor. He looked to his side after feeling someone's presence. He was shocked to see Anupama sitting right next to him.

Anuj: Anupama! Tum..tumhara dance ho gaya poora?

Anupama: Nahi..woh mai thak gayi ne, isiliye thoda aaram karne ke liye ruk gayi..

Anuj: Oh.. tumne mujhe bola kyu nahi? Mai bhi ruk jaata..

Anupama: koi nahi..maza aa raha tha jab aap guitar baja rahe the..

Anuj: (blushed) thank you.. 😊 tumhe bhook lag rahi hogi, mai abhi laata hu tumhare liye kuch khane ke liye..

Anupama: Arre nahi nahi! Koi nahi mai bas..

Anuj: Anupama, meri maa kehti hai ki ghar aaye mehman ko kabhi bhi bhooka ghar wapis nahi jaane dete..aur phir hum toh dost hai! Dosto ko agar ghar se bina khaana khilaye bhej diya toh toh mai ek accha aur saccha dost nahi hua! So, sisiliye tum please khana kha lo.

Anupama: accha theek che!

Anuj went inside the kitchen and started taking out the plates for them. He then went ahead to cook the vegetables that had been kept for them. A few of them were already chopped and a few were to be chopped. Since his parents were out with Mukku and so was GK also with them, Anuj had already asked GK to prepare this much for them and leave. Anuj was cutting a few vegetables when Anupama came there for some water.

Anupama: Anuj, woh thoda paani mil sakta hai? Yeh kya kar rahe hai aap?!

Anuj: Anupama! Umm..kuch..kuch nahi! Paani chahiye na..yeh lo..

Anuj quickly left the knife there and filled a glass with water and gave it to Anupama. Anupama was standing outside the kitchen door. She was very careful not to enter the kitchen without any permission. She took the glass of water and drank a little there.

Anupama: Par Anuj yeh aap kya kar rahe hai? Aap sabzi kyu kaat rahe hai?

Anuj: Woh..actually almost sab tayar hi hai, bas yeh sabzi ko kaat ke tayar karna hai, baaki sab sabziya jo kaat ke rakh sakte hai woh already kaat ke rakhe hai..Anupama bas ek minute mai khana tayr kar dunga..

Anupama: aapko khana pakana aata hai?

Anuj: Ha woh..mumma ne sab kuch sikhaya hai mujhe! Mujh khana banana bhi aata hai, mai ghar ke kaam me bhi hath bata sakta hu, sab kuch!

Anupama: Agar aapko aitraz na ho toh mai bhi madad kardu?

Anuj: Nahi nahi Anupama..tum yaha mehman ho, ab thoda sa time, mai sab tayar karke laata hu!

Anupama smiled at him and then went outside and sat down. Soon she heard the vegetables being cooked and Anuj putting the chaunk. And soon afterwards he came out along with the food. He came out and both of them sat at the dining table to eat. He served her the food. Anupama ate the food and she loved it!

Anupama: Arre wah! Bohot hi saras bana hai! Bohot bohot hi saras!

Anuj: Thank you! Im glad ki tumhe accha laga! Aur lo na..

They ate their food together and after eating Anuj looked at the clock and saw that it was already 10 o'clock.

Anuj: Arre Anupama, deri ho gayi hai..chalo mai tumhe drop kar deta hu, itni raat ko akele jaana theek nahi hoga tumhare liye..

Anupama: Theek hai Anuj, par aapko aate aate bohit late ho jayega phir..

Anuj: koi nahi Anupama..chalo! Mai bas ghar ki chaabi leke nikalta hu..

Anuj went up and took the keys to the house. There was no one else in the house except him so it was important for him to take the keys. They both headed outside and Anuj stopped an auto. They both sat there and left for Anupama's house.
_____________________________________________

In Anupama's house, Bhavesh was getting a little worried as Anu wasn't home yet. Her mother was also very very concerned about Anu not returning home. They both were waiting for Anu near the door itself. Soon they saw an auto coming towards their house. Soon Anupama got down from the auto and waved back at the Anuj who was sitting inside the auto. Anuj didn't get down from there as he thought that it wouldn't be correct to get down especially in front of Anupama's mother, she might think something else. Anuj waved her bye and said good night from the auto itself and left only after seeing and confirming that Anu had reached home safely.

Anupama came inside her house and met her mother and brother.

Kanta: Anu, itna time kaise lag gaya?

Anupama: Ma woh practice Tice karte karte bohot der ho gaya..phir Anuj ne zidd karke khana khilaye mujhe..

Kanta: Anuj..yeh ladka theek hai na..

Bhavesh: Ha ma, chinta mat karo, sab dekh dakh ke hi bheja maine apni behen ko!

Anupama: Ha ma, chinta mat karo, Anuj ek bohit hi acche insaan hai! Hum waha pe apna apna practice kiye aur phir khana khaa ke woh auto me mere sath aiye the, mujhe ghar choda phir woh ghar gaye..

Kanta: Accha ladka lagta hai..ek din milna toh hai mujhe! Aaj kal aise ladke dekhne ko kam milte hai!

Bhavesh: Ha ma! Sahi kaha! Woh bohot hi accha hai!

Kanta: Accha chalo, Anu tumne khana khaa liya hai toh jao aur aaram karo, bohot raat ho gayi hai!

Anupama: Ha ma, bohot neend bhi aa rahi hai mujhe..chalti hu..

Anupama left to sleep and soon Kanta and Bhavesh also left to sleep. Anupama in her room took out her ghungroo and wiped them with a dry cloth before putting them inside her ghungroo box. He kept the box safely inside her bag and took out her dress for tomorrow. She changed her dress and went to sleep. She looked outside her window and looked at the moon, it was shining brightly. She smiled at the moon and slept off.