Chapter 17: Phase 1

Anuj came to the class the next day. He saw that Arun came and sat next to Anupama and they started talking. Anuj came there and interrupted their talks.

Anuj: Anupama! Arre tum yaha ho! Pata hai mai tumhe kab se dhoondh raha hu!

Anupama looked very confused, it was afterall the first class of the day at 9 am. Anuj knew that Anu will not like all this, him interfering into her life and her personal space but he knew he had to do it to keep the evil Arun away from Anupama. He came and kept his hand hard on Arun.

Anuj: Arre Arun! Accha hua tum mujhe abhi hi mil gaye! Kuch kaam tha yaar! Aao na zara idhar! Anupama..if you won't mind hum bas ek minute baat karke aate hai! Bas ek minute!

Anupama nodded in positive. Arun knew something was off about Anuj, his grip wasn't that of 'I want to talk to you about something' but rather a 'I WANT TO TALK TO YOU'. He just followed Anuj till outside the class where Anuj cornered him and pined him to the wall.

Anuj: Arun, dekh bhai mai bohot pyar se bol raha hu, Anupama se dooor reh. Samjha? Isme hi teri bhalai hai!

Arun just looked at the angry Anuj. He could figure out that Anuj liked Anupama. He knew just how to get back at Anuj for what he just did. Arun tried to push Anuj's hand away but all his efforts were in vain, Anuj's hand didn't even move a centimeter. Anuj was tight on his grip. He knew what he was doing.

Arun: Anuj..dekho yaar yeh sab accha lagta hai kya? Aise baat karna? Thode civilized logo ki tarah baat karte hai na!

Anuj: Arun tumhare jaise intention wale insaan ke sath aise hi baat ki jaati hai! Aur ab, mai tumhe chod raha hu par yaad rakhna Anupama ko tang mat karna aage se. Samjhe?!

Arun: Ha! Samajh gaya!

Anuj left him and straightened his clothes and went inside the classroom.

Arun: Anuj tu ne yeh theek nahi kiya Arun se panga leke. Bhari padega tujhe!
___________________________________________

The following days, Anuj kept on interrupting Anupama and Arun. He made sure that these two aren't alone. Devika made sure that Anupama made no plans with Arun at all by making some excuses of keeping Anupama with her or all four of them went out and Devika stuck to Anupama and she and Anuj were creating a good gap of two people between Arun and Anupama. Anupama had started to doubt Anuj's behavior, he had started to act awkward according to her. One Sunday, she went to Devika's house and while preparing tea she talked to her.

Anupama: Devika, tu ne dekha aaj kal Anuj kuch ajeeb sa ho raha hai?

Devika: Nahi toh! Kyu? Tujhe kuch ajeeb lag raha hai kya? Ussne kuch kaha? Kuch kiya! Tu mujhe bata! Mai dekhti hu uss Anuj ke bacche ko!

Devika played it normal, normal just like how she would've reacted if she wasnt a part of Anuj's plan.

Anupama: Arre nahi Devika! Aisa kuch nahi! Bas woh..woh..

Devika: Woh kya?

Anupama: Woh Anuj aaj kal jab bhi mai Arun se baat karu toh beech me tokne aa jaata hai..uss bechare ko mujhe kuch kehna hai pichle 9 dinno se!

Devika knew that they were successful in their mission, atleast part one of their mission. But something was going wrong. Anupama was getting a little annoyed with Anuj. Devika tried to get Anupama to think the right way around.

Devika: Anu, tujhe lagta hai ki Anuj ajeeb sa behave kar raha hai..

Anupama: Ha Devika..bohot ajeeb sa!

Devika: Par woh Arun?

Anupama: Arun kya?

Devika: Yaar, woh Arun tujhse aisa kya baat karna chahta hai ki woh mere aur Anuj ke saamne nahi kar sakta! Woh ladki thodi hai ki girls talk karni hai usse tujhse! Ladka hai! Jo baat karni hai sabke saamne kare!

Anupama: Devika..aisa kuch nahi hai..woh zyada logo ke saamne bolne me thoda sharmata hai! Tu toh jaanti hai na usko!

Devika: Ha par woh toh unjaan logo se sharmata hai na..hum toh dost hai! Humse kya sharmana?!

Anupama: pata nahi..

Anupama started thinking about all this. Devika prayed to God that she got some sense and understood what she is trying to make her understand! Soon they had the tea ans the girls started their usual talks.

Devika: Accha Anu, mujhe na tujhse kuch poochna tha..

Anupama: pooch na! Tu kab se itna formal hone lag gayi hai?!

Devika: Anu jab maine tujhe pehle baar Anuj se milte hue dekha tha tab mujhe aisa laga jaise ki tujhe woh pasand hai par ab kya ho gaya? Tujhe woh pasand nahi kya?

Anupama: Aisa nahi hai Devika..dekh, woh ek accha dost hai! Bas..aur kuch nahi..aur waise bhi aur kuch ho bhi nahi sakta na..

Devika: Kyu? Tujhe koi aur pasand hai kya? Anu, koi hai kya tere dil me?

Anupama looked at Devika in utter shock! She slapped Devika on her arm in a joyful manner.

Anupama: kuch bhi bolti hai!

Devika: Yaar..I just hope ki tu mujhe sabse pehle apne dil ki baat bataiyegi, chahe kuch bhi ho jaye!

Anupama: Theek che! Bas! Bas bhi kar ab! Mujhe jaana hai! Maa akeli hai abhi! Mai chalti hu! Bye!

Devika: Bye!

Devika left Anupama till her house and went to the market. She hoped that Arun left Anuj and Anupama's life soon and all the misunderstandings that have arisen between both of them due to this guy goes away. In the market she spots Arun with another girl. Devika quickly hides here and sees that Arun has his arm around this girl. He soon leads her to a small passage and starts to propose her. Devika was now 100% sure that Anuj was doing the right thing, and not just acting out of jealousy. She went to her house and took rest for the rest of the day.
___________________________________________

On Monday, Anuj was headed to the college when Mukku fell down the stairs and hit her head on a marbel edge of the staircase. Anuj quickly had to rush to the hospital with his parents and Mukku. To Anuj, his sister meant more than his life! He couldn't leave Mukku and go. He was without any tension as he knew that even if he doesn't go, Devika is there to handle everything. He stayed there till the doctors came out and gave a clear chit.

Devika on the other hand got stuck up due to some of her family members unexpectedly popping up and stopping her to talk to her as they were on a connecting flight and they soon had to leave to catch their next flight. She hoped that Anuj would reach to college in time.

In college, Arun came in and saw Anupama sitting alone. Arun looked around and found the best time to talk to Anupama since neither Anuj nor Devika were there.

Arun: Anupama..

Anupama: Arre Arun! Good morning!

Arun: good morning Anupama..mujhe tumse kuch baat karni thi..

Anupama: Ha toh bolo na!

Arun: Nahi Anupama..yaha baat nahi kar sakte..tum aaj free ho kya?

Anupama: Ha kyu?

Arun: Anupama, aaj college ke baad mere sath baat karne chalogi kya? Please mana mat karna..

Anupama looked at Arun. She was considering his offer.

Anupama: Theek hai Arun..chalte hai..
.
.

Sorry soo soo much guys! I know I have made you'll wait soo much for the update, I was busy with college and with my exams here, I was unable to write. Soo many projects just came all together that too research papers in almost all subjects. Sorry! Really sorry for making you all wait soo long!