1.3

"Violet!" a familiar voice called behind the brunette, barely warning her before a blonde sixth year tackled her into a hug.

"Marls- you're squeezing a bit tight, don't ya' think" Violet gasped out, only causing the blonde to grip tighter.

"Well- you're still breathing. So clearly not tight enough." she snickered as the brunette slapped her arm in retaliation.

She then released her grip on the younger girl, slinging an arm over her shoulder instead. "So, how was your summer?"

"The usual," Violet sighed, the two entered the common room finding James and Sirius already frantically running and yelling about how they'd lost Peter.

Violet looked up at Marlene, gesturing to the boys, "Had to deal with that for a few months with no breaks. Torture I tell ya."

Violet grimaced as a crash was heard from James knocking over a lamp in his search for the blonde boy.

"Guess we better start the talley now" Marlene laughed shaking her head at them, "Here for a few minutes and they're already breaking things."

Violet just sighed, reaching an arm out to the chattered lamp, "Rest in peace dear lamp, you brightened the lives of many."

The blonde choked back a laugh before also looking down at the lamp mournfully, "You will be missed."

The two, in sync, did a muggle gesture Marlene had explained to Violet that the nuns in the church would do, then continued to look down at the wreckage.

"Merlin, are you two done with your nonsense?" the voice of the redhead rung from the stairs, "Mary already fell asleep, so I need you two to help me."

Marlene turned to the redhead, nodding slightly "Sure, we're coming, don't know how much help I'll be though."

Violet looked up to Marlene confused as she dragged her up the steps, following Lily, who was leading them to the dorm, "But- I'm, uh- I won't be in your room though?"

"Marlene!" Lily turned quickly on her heel, looking at the two as she walked backward, "Did you forget to tell her?"

The blonde grinned sheepishly, "Maybe?" she then looked down to the brunette, "I did some talking with Minnie, and got her to let you room with us until we leave."

Violet's eyes widened, "Really? How did you manage that? Dorms are usually separated by ages!"

Marlene smirked, "I have my ways."

"And," Lily spoke, "I helped too. The professors like me best after all, and I do have an edge by being prefect-"

The blonde blinked, "What does being a prefect have to do with-"

"and- honestly Marlene, let me finish." Lily rolled her eyes, "I couldn't go all my years at Hogwarts without rooming with my favorite Potter and flower-twin."

Violet laughed happily with the girls, glad that for once she wasn't going to be bothered by girls her year begging to get a date with any of the marauders. She'd get to room with her actual friends this year.

The brunette gasped confusing the other two for a second, "Just wait till I tell James!" A wide, mischievous, smile appeared on her face, "Merlin! I can't wait to tell him that I'm going to be sleeping with his 'Dear Lilyflower' all year long!"

The three girls erupted in laughter, unfortunately waking a confused Mary, as they entered their shared dorm for the next year.