1.8

Between quidditch matches, an excessive practice schedule from her brother, and the weight of classes, the next few months passed quicker than Violet expected. She started to understand why James was stressed about Christmas in October.

Before she knew it, all the golden leaves had all been discarded on the ground, branches wiped clean and bare. The pumpkins around Hogwarts had been replaced by snowman figurines and various other indicators or Christmas. The weather turned from a minor chill to a harsher cold, and snow flakes started falling from the cloudy mid december skies.

Violet didn't realize the changes speeding by around her, until one day unfortunate day. She exited a door, just as she had every day prior, nose barried in her history of magic book desperately cramming for the test she was on the way to, when she slipped and fell right into the snow covered ground.

In these blurred months, her relationship with the secluded slytherin boy started to mend itself very, very slowly.

She'd find that when she'd wave at him, he began waving back. Her smiled would be met by barely there, but still noticeable to her, smiles. Sometimes, if she were lucky, he'd beat her to it and send a small wave to her.

They still haven't spoke, but it was better than nothing.

Violet was currently sat in the boys room, doing everything in her power to avoid packing.

Remus was sitting on his own bed, back pressed against the headboard and nose in a book.

Sirius, was dancing around the dorm room to the new record Violet had recently gifted him.

Peter was sat at the desk in the corner, the one that Remus could usually be found finish homework and essays at, using the tall brunettes notes to try and catch up on DADA.

The Potter girl was splayed across her brothers bed, head hanging off one side and feet off the other, tossing her snitch in the air.

"you know. one day, your going to miss that thing, and it'll hit you square in the nose." Remus muttered side eying the girl over the side of his book.

Violet smirked, "Glad to know you worry about me Rem. don't worry, i'm Gryffindors prize seeker, i never miss." She boasted, looking at up at the taller boy on the bed next to her.

His eyebrows shot upwards at her remark, whipping to face the grey eyed boy as he erupted in laughter, "you've been spending too much time around him and james" remus spoke turning back to the girl, "i don't need three of you"

"three?" sirius screeched, "what do you mean three of you!" he flipped his hair over his shoulder and placed a hand on his hip, "darling, i'm one of a kind"

Remus rose an eyebrow to the boy, looking him up and down unimpressed , "believe me, i know." he rolled his eyes before returning them to the book in his hands.

Violets eyebrows crinkled as she caught the snitch again, "wait, back up." she rolled over on her stomach facing remus, looking at him right side up this time, "where is James anyway?"

The boy only shrugged, it was Sirius who answered, looking at the girl through the mirror he now sat at, messing with his hair, "probably in the kitchens or something, he just figured out how to get in there after all."

Violet rolled back onto her back huffing, "better not be." she muttered, "going to the kitchens without my order. disgraceful."

Silence overtook the room again. Well, not silence exactly. Thé hum of sirius' music and the symphony of poor Peter trying to get some semblance of the work through remus' meticulous notes stayed present.

Just as Violet had tossed the snitch once more, when the dorm room door came flying open. She jumped a bit, turning to see the blonde haired girl coming through the doorway. Of course, that's when gravity decided to kick in, and the snitch came falling back down.

"told you." remus sang as she groaned clutching her nose.

"I'd say i'm sorry," Marlene laughed, "but i'm really not."

"wow, i'm really feeling the love." Violet spoke rolling her eyes. She pulled her hands away and a large red mark was present in the middle  of her eyebrows.

"that's what i'm here for" the blonde retorted, crossing the floor to sit on the bed next to her. she pulled off the brunettes glasses, seeing a slight bend in them and handed them over to Remus. He uttered a quick spell to repair them as the blonde inspected her forehead.

Violet couldn't really see Marlene too well, but she felt her touching her forehead, and she could see the blonde in front of her. "Well, what's the verdict Doc?"

The blonde hummed in thought, "depends, what are your symptoms?"

"my head bloody hurts and i can't see." she deadpanned.

Marlene laughed softly at her friend, "seems like a concussion, might have to keep you over night till your vision improves."

Violet gasped, putting every ounce of dramatics she could in her words, painting them to be like those in the sitcoms she'd seen at marlene's house "oh no! but i'm supposed to see my parents tonight" she threw herself back on the bed, "isn't there any other way?"

"well," marlene spoke, grabbing the glasses that remus was handing back over, "there's one thing we can try,"

"Anything, Doc" Violet spoke, now taking the frames from Marlene and placing them on her face, "I'm cured! it's a christmas miracle!"

"not christmas yet" remus spoke, eyes still paced on the words, "still a few weeks out"

"it's an almost christmas miracle!" Violet corrected with just as much enthusiasm as the first time, before the two bowed in sync.

Sirius quickly started clapping and repeating 'bravo' from in front of them, pretending to throw flowers at the two.

"anyway," violet spoke through laughter, "what did you need Marlene?"

"Oh right!" the blonde quickly took the brunettes wrist, dragging her out the room, "we need to save Lily from your brother."

violets eyebrows crinkled, "I thought he was in the kitchens."

"no?" marlene turned to her in confusion, "why would he be in the kitchens."

"why wouldn't he be in the kitchens." she muttered, "but sirius-"

"No, i know what you're going to say" the Black haired boy cut her off, "i said he might be in the kitchens, not that he was there."

"Actually," remus spoke up, "you said probably."

"i don't have time for this." Marlene muttered, resuming her treck down to the common room, dragging Violet along. "See you boys on the train," she called backwards before running down the stairs.

Hi! Sorry for the gap, my laptop broke and I hate writing on my phone... but i sucked it up and wrote this anyway since it's been a bit. So excuse any weird things that might be structured/spelled different, hopefully it'll be back to normal soon :)