2.12

Marlene looked up through a curtain of half-brushed blonde waves, squinting at the human embodiment of a hurricane that ran into the bench on the other side of her. "'Ya alright there Vi?"

The brunette stayed standing, looking down at her friend while rubbing the area on her leg that rammed into the wooden bench. "Can we switch seats?" 

The crease between the blonde's brows deepened at the abrupt statement, "Wow." she spoke around a mouthful of cereal, "No 'Good morning Marlene, how are you today?'" the blonde mocked in faux cheeriness. 

Violet's eyes remained steadfast, and spoke without hesitation, "Good Morning Marlene, how are you today? Good? Lovely. Can we switch seats now?"

Blue eyes squinted up at her, "Actually, I'll have you know I haven't had a good day."

"Shame."

"Or night." Marlene set down her spoon and laced her fingers together before her, leaning forward on the table. "In fact, if you had found your way back to the room you'd know exactly what I'm referring to." the blonde sent a fierce glare up to her best friend, "Where were you?"

Violet looked down, shuffling her feet slightly, "I'll tell ya' if we can switch-"

Marlene slapped the table in frustration, "Why do you want to switch so bloody bad?"

"She wants a better view of her boyfriend." Lily teased as she arrived at the table alongside Mary.

Marlene whipped around when Lily crossed behind her to arrive in her usual seat, "Oh no." she raised a finger accusingly at the redhead, "I don't want you here right now. I'm still mad at you." 

Seeing the confused expression on Violet's face, Mary spoke up, "James came to the dorm last night to see Lily."

"The bloody heathens kept me from sleeping!" Marlene exclaimed, "Like rabbits, I tell you! I'm traumatized!"

All excitement on Violet's face vanished and was promptly replaced with deep horror. Her gaze snapped to the blonde, "And you wanted me to experience that?" 

Marlene shrugged, "Mary and I had to, it's only fair."

"Actually" Mary interrupted as she reached across the table for one of the fresh buttered croissants, "I just placed a charm over my bed, so I was fine."

"I had to, it's only fair." The blonde amended. 

Violet gagged, "You wanted me to be there to witness my brother shagging one of my best friends?"

Marlene nodded. 

"I'm gonna be sick." 

Lily rolled her eyes, "Oh come off it, you both."

Marlene slowly turned her head till she was glaring at the redhead's profile, "Four Hours." she seethed, "I lost a collective of four hours of sleep because of you." 

"You're overreacting."

"I am not!" Marlene screeched, "You made me stay up and help you study for your stupid exam-"

"-I'll ask someone else next time"

"Then" her glare sharpened into something almost lethal, "someone enters the dorm at midnight. At first, I thought it was Violet coming back from whatever the hell had her out so late, but no. That theory was quickly proven false by the moaning coming from your side of the room. For the next. Four. Hours."

Lily simply shrugged, doing her best to play off the pink hue that she could feel beginning to creep up her neck and across her cheeks, she picked up a large goblet in an attempt to subtly hide her face.