2.2

Remus could spot the Potter scheming face from miles away.

That is exactly why he abandoned his search of James and Sirius on the crowded platform, quickly turning in Violet's direction instead. As mischievous as the boys could get, he could almost guarantee whatever the brunette was planning was much worse.

That specific look, down to the determined shine in her irises, was one he recognized well. The tall boy had come close to making the same mistake in his own fifth year - eyes locked on Sirius, planning how he could rip the boy away from his parents - but he was competent enough to wait it out.

Competent. Something a Potter rarely was. He rushed over, a scarred hand reaching out to grip the brunettes wrist. "Common, we both know that's not a good idea."

Violet looked up at him stunned, "What's not a good idea?"

"Whatever it was you were plotting."

She scoffed, allowing Remus to pull her away "I was not plotting." he snickered, "I was not! I just- I just wanted to say hello is all." She was only met with a sarcastic hum as he continued to pull her away.

Remus stopped when he deemed they traveled far enough away, then placed himself directly in the way of her peeking back over.

Violet crossed her arms, "This is ridiculous. I swear, James needs to stop making friends." she huffed, "Godrick knows I don't need anymore big brothers in my life." Remus laughed loudly at the statement, only allowing Violet's irritation to rise, "What are you laughing at?" she seethed, "I was only going to greet a friend- it's no different than going to greet Marlene, but just because he's a boy-"

'Oh- so she doesn't even realize it yet.' He thought to himself as she continued rambling. 'This is priceless.'

"Vi." he interrupted her smiling so wide, his silvery scars crinkled across his nose, "Vi, thats not it at all." she quirked her head to the side, a silent question on her features, "I knew that look." he shrugged, stuffing his hands into his sweater pockets. "Oh believe me do I know that look." Remus blinked, muttering more to himself than her before raising his voice once more, "The Black charm" he shook his head, "it's a special kind of magic, that's for certain."

Violet sputtered- "No- No that's not it-"

The brown haired boy just laughed, leaning forward to ruffle her hair, "Of course it isn't- that would just be absurd." he spoke, watching in silent amusement as she grumbled and tried to rearrange her hair, trying to set each curly brown strand back in it's rightful place.

Remus turned, glancing over his shoulder seeing the Black family meeting had dissolved.

'ah, same timing as usual' he thought, turning back to the girl. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find my boyfriend now that you are free from being killed by his and your-definitely-not-crush's family."

Violet blushed bright red, "I do not have a crush on him-"

"Of course you don't, that's what I just said." he smirked, turning to walk away, "be safe! use protection!"

"You've been spending too much time with my brothers." she grumbled, "I thought you were the good one."

"Just keeping you on your toes darling!"

---

"I don't know love-" Marlene shrugged across the compartment, "seems like you've got a crush on him to me. I mean you gave up time with me to see him several times a week. Not to mention you two exchanged letters all summer long!" she pointed at the brunette, "Don't you even try to lie to me, I read almost all of them." Marlene smirked, arms crossed over her chest.