1.16

The weeks were long, and extremely stressful on Violet's end, but it all became worth it when Professor Brisbane handed back the exams.

The man threw the papers on her table with a sneer, quickly turning to the next student. The brunette flipped the paper over, one hand under the table with crossed fingers.

A large grin spread across her face, snatching up her bag and sprinting out of the class.

Exam return was the last thing of the period, once you received your exam, you were able to leave.

Due to 'B' coming before 'P' in the alphabet, Regulus had already left the room.

She flew out the door, almost ramming into her poor brother who happened to be on the other side.

"Oi! watch where you're-"

"Sorry James!" she yelled back, hardly slowing at all, continuing her path down the corridor.

She turned the corner at the end of the hall to find the boy she was looking for. Sitting quietly in a widow ledge, eyes trained down at his book.

"Reg!" she shouted, startling the boy, his head whipping in her direction.

He stood, watching the girl come barreling to him at a high speed, "Potter? what's wrong? what hap-"

He was cut off when the girl finally reached him, slamming into his chest and hugging him tight.

"You'll never believe it! Guess what I got" she mumbled into his shoulder, but his ears felt like they'd been stuffed with cotton.

Regulus had frozen the moment she'd wrapped her arms around him. He'd been hugged maybe once or twice in his life by his cousins, so this was new. He found himself queasy- well- at least he thinks he feels queasy. Maybe it was the fact she'd pressed herself so close he could smell her shampoo in the hair pressed under his chin.

He picked up his arms, loosely wrapping them around her and patting her back- that's how this works- right?

Violet backed up, loosing her grip and looking up at him, "I did it!" she spoke with a large grin, pulling a paper into view, pointing at the bold 'E' at the top while jumping up in excitement "Look! Look! I did it!"

His own jaw dropped a little at the grade, voice dripping with pride as he spoke, "Salazar- thats, that's amazing!"

She squealed, launching herself in his arms a second time, this time, the black haired boy responded immediately wrapping his arms around her as well.

"Thank you Reg."

"Anything for you Potter."

mk- this is short, but... well, this will have to do 🫥