1.15

Marlene began noticing that recently, her best friend would sneak off later in the evenings and would disappear for most weeknights. As any good friend would, the blonde began pestering the girl, begging to know where she was sneaking off too.

Of course, Marlene imagined the reasoning to be much, much different than what really was going on. After receiving no concrete answer, she began insisting that the Potter girl had entered her 'Sirius phase' and was sneaking off to see boys in various broom closets along the shadowed corridors.

It didn't help that instead of declining the theory, Violet's cheeks blushed a bright red as she froze, shocked at the accusation. This only caused Marlene to believe that this was the truth even as Violet stuttered her way through denying it.

Lily, was certainly no help in the matter as she stood off in the corner, watching along in amusement. The redhead knew what was happening, that there were no midnight escapades, it was simply just a boy helping a girl struggle her way through class.

She could've shut down Marlene, but watching the blonde bug the younger girl about who she was shagging despite Violet never having a first kiss-

Well, there was something poetic about letting the brunette, who would constantly harass her about James' annoying obsession, be interrogated in such a fashion. Karma's a bitch.

But for now, Violet had managed to escape the blonde girl, retreating to the same small library corner bathed in candle light.

---

"Is this really necessary" the girl complained, moving to slam her head against the desk when a pale hand shot forward, keeping her from crunching her glasses- again. "Do I really have to?"

The boy's shoulders shook a little, a silent laugh bubbling to the surface. "Yes, it is necessary."

She looked up at him with her large brown doe eyes, the ones she usually used to get her way, sparkling and shining as much as she could make them, "Are you sure?"

He remained stern, as much as Regulus could feel his ribs melting and heart exploding at the girl, he couldn't let any of it show, "The study packet is necessary. It will help you pass the exam, and you must pass or-"

He paused, noticing her wandering gaze. The curly haired boy raised an arm, reaching for her face and pulling her attention back to him, away from the shadow dancing across the walls.

Regulus had learned not to snap years ago. He had done it once when he and Sirius were younger, attempting to pull his brother out of his thoughts and back to the task at hand. The abrasive action caused Sirius to flinch and jump, Regulus had seen the slight fear and agitation the action had caused, that he had caused, and pledged never to do so again.

Instead, he began moving to tap their shoulder or brush their arms instead. In a particularly deep moment of distraction, the young boy had found that even tapping the table lightly would work. Any gentler method was preferred, anything that kept him from feeling he was inflicting fear into another.

Regulus pulled her face forward, waiting till her vision cleared, a sign that she was now paying attention, before he continued his sentence, "Professor Brisbane will tell Professor McGonagall-"

She tossed her hand out nonchalant, "Ah, don't worry about me Reg." she smirked, "Minnie loves me."

He nodded mockingly, humming along to her words, "She does, you're right. You know what else Professor McGonagall loves?" he questioned raising an eyebrow, "Good grades."

Violet groaned, going to hit her head on the table for the second time, Regulus reaching to stop her again, "And, if you fail, Brisbane nor McGonagall are going to allow you play in the last match."