"No gay, no pay."

Y/n walked into work in the morning as usual, and a perk of your mom being chief is that she assigns you at home, so you know where to go home. So long story short, y/n was assigned to watch the interrogation of sailors with... Mako, the bitch. So, y/n was sitting watching the interrogation while Mako was sulking over... something. Y/n was bored to death. "Why did I let her assign me to interrogation watching, this is so boring, I should've asked her to assign me to morning patrolling, or calls, or papers anything but this." Y/n muttered then heard the door open when she looked over it was the goddess herself Asami! Y/n ran over to Asami giving her a hug. "Y/n, is it true?" Asami asks panickily. "About your shipment, yeah... I'm sorry." Y/n says giving her a small hug of comfort. "Without that sale, I don't know how much longer I can keep my company going, what am I gonna do?" Asami asks worriedly. "Don't worry, I'm-" As soon as Mako started speaking y/n corrected him. "We're, not I'm." Y/n corrected him. "Don't worry, we're... gonna find whoever's responsible." Mako says. "My mom's questioning the captain right now, but it's boring." Y/n says and Mako clicks the intercom button.

Intercom Conversation:

Lin- "I know it's been a long day, but walk me through what happened"

Captain- "We were ambushed about thirty klicks outside the harbor, We never heard them coming."

Lin- "This is the third attack this week at about the same location."

Lu- "Yep, and smack-dab in Republic City's jurisdiction, which means another problem for us, All this stress is gonna turn old black beauty gray." Lu says stroking his mustache.

From inside the room, y/n was laughing her ass off. "Beauty?! If he's talking about himself, god is he wrong."

Gang- "it's gotta Northern Water Tribe, they're trying to stop supply lines to the South."

Lin- "I agree, is there anything else about the attack you remember? Anything unusual...?"

Captain- There is one thing, the bombs exploded in a way I've never seen before, they don't have fuses, it was like they were being detonated remotely."

End of Question room, back to inside the intercom room with Y/n, Asami and Mako.

The thing with Mako and Y/n, their both really good detectives but Mako doesn't think he just rushes, but y/n thinks then does her plan as its been told, and if something interferes, she has another 5 plans to back it up. "Like the bombs at the cultural center." Mako says walking away slowly. 'Mm, ok, there's like a 70% chance it's the remote we have right now, but it could be someone working with someone, or he could be lying, but my mom could sense that so it's no different for him to lie.' Y/n spoke very quickly in her mind. "Wait, where are you going?" Asami asked Mako. "I gotta grab evidence." Mako says exiting the room. "Bye Sami! Gotta follow him so he doesn't embarrass, himself, and me, and so he doesn't erase my life's dignity!" Y/n yells running out the room. By the time Y/n made it to the room Lu and Gang were making fun of him. "Nice try, rookie." Lu says. Lin glares at y/n when she gets there signaling for her to get Mako out the room, but y/n looks over at her shaking her head and shrugging. Now asami and varrick were walking in and y/n was absoulety gonna get it later that day, she was internally crying in her brain. "Great work, everybody! Another open and shut case for the dynamic mushtachioed duo!" Varrick says as y/n rubs her temples. "Cheif, i know its a long shot, but i have an idea how we can catch these guys." Mako says as Lu laughs. "Yeah, lets all listen to the rookie." Lu says as y/n looks at him in annoyance as much as she dislikes Mako at the moment, she doesn't like when people make fun of him continuously. "Shut your fuck ass mouth." Y/n says glaring at him, Lin didn't say anything to her for one reason, y/n was annoyed no-one bothers her when Shes annoyed, even if she's the chief. And by the way, yes Lu was in shock, he's actually shivering. "And he's doing a way better job than you." Asami says her hand on y/n's shoulder, as we know Korra and y/n have a scary ass duo smirk, but Asami ad y/n have a scary ass duo glare. "Who's hungry?" Varrick says as y/ looks at him. 'Who invited this man...' Y/n thinks in here head. "Enough! I don't want to hear your lame-brained rookie ideas, You're a beat cop, not a detective. Now hit the street and do your job!" Lin yells at Mako, y/n looked at her mom in shock before shaking her head. "Mako, let's go." Y/n muttered walking out the room, before walking back in and smacking Lu upside his head, then she walked out.