Heartbeat

She was slightly late when she arrived to the lecture and found most of the chairs in the room were taken. 'The advantage of being a loner is that it is always easier to find a free spot' she thought. She found a place in the third row, beside the aisle.  

After some minutes she heard the cracking noise of the chair behind her.  She turned and smiled. 

"How are you?" she asked.

"Fine. I couldn't come last week" he answered.

She nodded "Yeah, I thought so but I wasn't sure, there were too many people. By the way, thank you for the information".

"Were you right?"

"You can shoot in Berlin without permission but you can't obstruct traffic, so we were both right. How is your project going ?" she asked.

"I've found a job and I'm working 10 hours a day, I don't know."

"Oh!" she exclaimed, pity in her face.

"And yours?" he asked.

"I've just lost my DoP. He got a longer job" she complained.

"Do you want the telephone of the Film School?"

She knelt to look for her notepad and a ball pen in her backpack.

"I'm not proposing" she said with a playful expresion, "I'm on my knees to get something to..."

"I'd say yes" he said smiling.

She swore her heart skipped a beat and she heard a wall cracking somewhere.

"...write".

write"