Aspis, Spatha and Talaria

Put your father's talaria on, Theseus, grab his spatha and apis, we are out for adventure to sly monsters and scape witches' traps. We'll sleep in the open, contemplate the stars and eat what the wilderness may offer. We'll leave the palace for once, its comedies and tragedies are too much for your beautiful soul. 

We were born privileged and History will remember us with honour and, although we could have chosen the easy way and slide smoothly across the years, we will prove ourselves going through the rough path instead, facing difficult labours and overcoming challenges. What's otherwise youth for? How else could we become great men, worth our family's names?

One doesn't take the heroic road to receive praise from others; one takes it to kill the beast hidden in the intricate labyrinth of the heart, letting the sweetness of others guide us away from the decapitated bull to stay human; one does it to keep the mind clear through the kingdom of madness, defeating our enemies using their own tricks. 

But first, what was the mission that brought us here? We came to become wiser, no to be indebted. 

Alale!

Author's note: dear reader, you may want to look for the meaning of the words Aspis, Spatha and Talaria, maybe to look into Theseus's myth as well.