Manjusaka

Hell is not an static place where the sinful go to purge their sins. Hell is a path where there are more victims than perpetrators. They go through it, hearts heavy, not because they did something wrong, but because it was done to them. Their pace is slow, their surroundings bare and obscure. Some of them progress absentmindly, numbed by too many hours of pain; others walk diligently, repeating an internal mantra that helps them to survive; some traverse it in anger against themselves, convinced they did something, somewhere, sometime, to someone to deserve it, because admitting otherwise is unbearable. A few among them, rara avis, can see that, although they never chose to be tossed in it, it's another trail of the human soul and look around patiently, eyes wide open, to find a well of kindness to refill and come back to the realm of the living.
On both sides of the path grows the Spider Lilly, an exhotic blood-red flower, whose petals rise like fingers pleading for help, its beauty beyond measure, guarding the limits to prevent the visitors from getting lost in the eternal darkness.
When that path ends in life or death, all its travelers' souls are crimson tainted, innocence lost forever.