Chapter 4: As Long As You'll Go To Hogsmeade With Me

Susan and Theodore's Guide to fake dating

1. No one can know that this relationship is fake.
2. We should sit together in shared classes (Potions and Charms).
3. Regular hand holding in public is a must.
4. Kisses on cheeks and foreheads are allowed. Kiss on the mouth is negotiable. Added by Theodore: but definitely no tongues!
5. In public we call each other Suzy and Theo.
6. No catching feelings. As soon as we are out of the public eye, this relationship is non-existent.
7. When people ask how this started we tell them you (Theodore) wrote me (Susan) a letter to ask me out to Hogsmeade and I think you should actually write the letter to make it more real.
8. Added by Theodore: If Malfoy or Zabini ask intrusive questions you can answer however you want. But let me know what you said so the story adds up.
9. Each party can end this fake relationship whenever they want by telling the other person and tearing this contract.
10. None of these rules are open for discussion.

___________________________________

It was Tuesday, the day after Theodore Nott had met Susan Bones in the library. The dark-haired boy was sitting in the Owlery trying to write his letter to Susan during a free period. Around him lay several discarded pieces of parchment from previous versions. He just did not seem to get it right. Luckily, he wasn't asking someone out for real, for then this would have been an absolute disaster.

He continued scribbling until he felt that he had formed decent sentences and didn't sound like a complete idiot. Then he put the letter into an envelope and called his black barn owl, Claws of Doom, over. Cod - as he also called the owl - flew over immediately. He gave the owl a snack before it flew off to deliver its letter.

His next class was Transfiguration and he was already late. He stumbled into the classroom, interrupting professor McGonagall in her instructions.

"Nott, you're late. Ten points from Slytherin."

Theodore quickly went to sit next to Blaise and got out his textbook. Malfoy, who sat behind them, kicked his leg.

"Nott?" he whispered.

Theodore ignored him. Malfoy kicked his leg again.

"Seriously, are you still mad at me?"

"I'll talk to you after class," Theodore hissed back.

Class passed by uneventfully. Theodore was packing his stuff when Malfoy approached him again.

"Nott?"

Theodore looked up, then looked at Blaise and said: "Blaise, can you leave us alone for a second?"

Zabini looked between the two other Slytherin boys, then nodded and left.

Theodore walked out of the classroom with Malfoy.

"You're still mad, aren't you?" the blond boy began.

"Yes," Theodore said while crossing his arms. "But I also have something else to say to you."

Draco halted and waited for Theodore to continue. Theodore spoke the words he had been practicing all morning in his head.

"I don't want to go on this date with Daphne because I wanted to ask someone else out. I hadn't collected the courage yet and you setting up this thing with Daphne kinda put me on the spot. But I sent her a letter before class asking her out to Hogsmeade this Saturday. So if you could cancel the date with Daphne, that would be appreciated."

Draco first stared at him for a few seconds and then smiled. "Dude, you could've just told me there was someone you liked!" He patted Theodore on the shoulder. "I'm happy you asked the girl out. Who is she?"