Chapter 33: He's Just As Asexual As I Am

"Oh my god! Hannah, you didn't!" Susan said. The words came out all choked up from the emotions that welled up from seeing so many people gathered together just for her. Somehow Hannah had managed to get almost every member from Dumbledore's Army back together in their old training room. Of course Seamus Finnigan and Lavender Brown had been excluded from this get-together.

The Hufflepuff boys came over to her and wrapped her up in a big warm group hug.

"Guys!" Susan exclaimed. "This is too sweet."

"It's all Hannah's doing really," Justin said. Then he leaned closer to her and whispered. "And yes, we are here for you. But I won't lie. Michael Corner being here as well is a big plus for me."

Susan giggled. "I'm happy for you," she winked.

The boys let her go and almost immediately Hermione showed up in front of Susan and pulled her into yet another hug. "Good to see you, Susan," the Gryffindor said.

"It's been too long. How are you? we really need to catch up."

"Yes, we do," Hermione answered and she pulled Susan over to a corner where Ginny Weasley and Luna Lovegood were chatting with cups of pumpkin juice in their hands. Susan looked over her shoulder and saw that her Hufflepuff friends had walked over to a group of Ravenclaws. Justin stood awkwardly next to Michael Corner.

"Hey Susan!" Ginny greeted her and she gave her a quick side hug. Luna smiled at her before she went back to staring into space.

"I can't believe everyone came," Susan said while Hermione put a cup of juice into her hands.

"I would never miss a party," Ginny grinned.

"So Ron's out of the Hospital Wing, I see," she said to the three girls. She had spotted Ginny's brother and Harry among the crowd.

"Yeah, it's so my brother to eat candy with Love Potion that wasn't even meant for him and then get poisoned by drinking mead," Ginny said while rolling her eyes.

"At least it made him come back to his senses," Hermione added in.

"Which senses?" Ginny laughed. Hermione slapped her playfully on the arm in response. 

Susan laughed. She had forgotten how funny interactions between Ginny Weasley and Hermione Granger could be. "What do you mean he came back to his senses?"

"He finally broke up with Lavender Brown," Hermione explained.

"I don't think you can call him whispering your name while being semi-unconscious and Lavender hearing that as a breakup," Ginny said with one eyebrow raised.

"What?" Susan asked confused. Hermione was blushing which was something Susan had never seen. She needed to know more.

"It was nothing," Hermione quickly brushed away Ginny's comment. "He didn't know what he was saying."

"I think it's cute that the first thing he said when he woke up was your name," Luna suddenly spoke. The three girls turned towards the Ravenclaw who had been silently following the conversation up until now. "It means you're on his subconsious mind a lot." Her obnoxious radish earrings dangled while she sipped from her drink. Susan had never really spoken a lot to Luna Lovegood when they were in Dumbledore's Army. She loved Hermione and had been friends with her since first year and Ginny was cool. Luna however was so weird it was hard to understand what was really going on inside her head.

"How's Theodore?" Luna then said and she stared at Susan with her pale blue eyes. Susan was surprised Luna even knew Theo's name.

Hermione bumped the unaware Ravenclaw in the side. "They're not together anymore, Luna. This whole party is to cheer Susan up because of how hard the breakup was for her," the Gryffindor spoke between her teeth. Susan shifted uncomfortably on her feet. This was very awkward.