Chapter 11: Slytherin Shenanigans

Theodore Nott was in the library, perusing a shelf for anything that could help him with his Astronomy homework. It was Sunday and he had been studying with Susan Bones the entire morning already.

"Theo?" he heard her whisper and he turned around.

Susan was standing behind the opposite shelf. She had removed a book from it and her face was peeking between two volumes on constellations.

He smiled at her. "What are you doing?"

She didn't answer him. Instead, she just put the book back and her face disappeared.

Theodore turned towards the bookshelf again, picking a rather thick book up to read the back.

"Theo!" it sounded from right behind him.

Theodore jumped out of his skin and dropped the book. Susan Bones was standing right behind him and laughing hard.

"How'd you sneak up on me like that?" he asked her, slightly embarrassed of how startled he looked.

The Hufflepuff girl just shrugged and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"You're adorable," she smiled.

"I am not!" he protested.

"Yes, you are," she said while ruffling his hair.

She then looked deep into his eyes, her dark eyes warming his heart like sunlight. "Theo?" she asked, sounding very serious all of a sudden.

"Yes?" he replied.

"May I kiss you?"

Theodore gulped, his heart beating out of his chest. "Yes," he whispered, his voice sounding hoarse from anticipation.

Susan came closer, the side of her nose touching the tip of his. She looked in his eyes, then at his mouth and at last in his eyes again. Then she closed the distance.

The first kiss was more of a brush, as if Susan was testing the waters. Her lips were just as soft and warm as he had expected them to be. Theodore shuddered from the explosion of Pixies in his stomach. His hands rested firm on the small of her back.

The second kiss was stronger. Susan planted her lips on his with more confidence. She opened his mouth with hers and slid in her tongue. Theodore grumbled in surprise. He hadn't expected this to happen today at all. He hadn't even thought he would ever like this kind of thing. It had always seemed rather gross to him.

Someone coughed and Theodore and Susan broke apart. A Ravenclaw boy stood between the shelves, looking uncomfortable.

"I need something from that shelf," he said and pointed behind Theodore.

Theodore and Susan both burst out in laughter. They walked away, hand in hand, leaving the Ravenclaw alone to enjoy his books.

___________________________________

It was late in the afternoon when Susan Bones returned to the Hufflepuff common room. She was dancing, because her heart was singing and Slytherin boy Theodore Nott was the reason.

The study date had been all she could wish for. Theodore Nott was just so dreamy and handsome and absolutely freaking adorable. Their first kiss had been perfect. Not at all like kissing Seamus Finnigan. Maybe less on fire, but a lot more tender and sweet. Susan was happy.

She sat down on one of the couches, grabbing a yellow pillow and hugging it tightly. She sighed and replayed the day over in her head.

She had been sitting there for maybe half an hour when Justin Finch-Fletchley entered the common room with a package in his hands.