Chapter 27: Do You Ever Feel Like An Outsider?

Susan Bones studied her best friend closely as they walked towards the Hufflepuff table for breakfast. She looked annoyed but her cheeks were also flushed in embarrassment.

"What was that?" Susan whispered to Hannah as they sat down across from Justin and Ernie.

"Nothing," Hannah shrugged, but Susan could see that it was definitely something. "Malfoy's just an asshole."

Susan didn't press the matter any further since it was clear Hannah didn't want to talk about the incident between her and Malfoy in the hallway. Conversation shifted to the topic of their first classes of the day. Susan only listened with half an ear when Justin spoke about Defense Against the Dark Arts, Hannah commenting on the fact that Michael Corner also took that class which made Justin blush.

Her mind wandered back to her conversation with Hannah in their dorm yesterday. Should she bring up what happened on New Year's Eve to her boyfriend or should she just let it rest? She didn't like the wall that evening had created between her and Theodore. She knew that it wasn't only him putting distance between them. She was responsible for it as well.

She decided that she would try to bring up the topic next time they were alone and she would try her best to not let her emotions get the upperhand.

___________________________________

Theodore Nott had just climbed up the stairs to the Astronomy Tower. With a puff he put his heavy shoulder bag on the ground and sat down in his usual spot. None of the other Slytherin boys took the class and Theodore always made sure he sat alone at a desk. It was his much needed private time which was hard to come by in a castle flooded with other students.

The chair next to him scraped over the floor and Theodore looked up to see which kid had the audacity to disturb his peace. It was Daphne Greengrass. Theodore rolled his eyes. Of course it was.

"Hey Nott," she said after looking over her shoulder at Pansy Parkinson who now sat alone at the other end of the classroom. She didn't seem too happy about it. "How come that in these six years we've never worked together in a class?" Daphne asked while putting her textbook on the desk.

Theodore moved his chair away from her, putting as much distance as possible between them while still keeping his usual spot in class. She would not get the pleasure of him getting up and finding somewhere else to sit. Though it would be funny if he went to sit next to Pansy.

"We've never worked together because one, I prefer to work alone, and two, if I have to team up with someone Malfoy or Zabini will inexplicably show up all of a sudden," Theodore replied. This conversation was already boring him.

"Well, I don't see them here. Maybe you could use a new partner. In class or in other areas as well if you ever get bored of your Hufflepuff. The sex must be pretty vanilla."

Theodore's eyes widened. "What?"

Daphne was inspecting her dark purple nails. "Don't act like you haven't slept with her yet. The whole school knows how easy Susan Bones is," she said casually.

"What the hell, Greengrass," he whispered. Professor Sinistra had just entered the classroom and asked them to turn to page 365. She started to explain the constellation chart on it.

"Is she any good?" Daphne asked sounding all innocent while flicking through the pages of her textbook to find the correct page.

"None of your goddamn business," Theodore hissed but he couldn't help but blush when he thought of Susan moaning while he touched her between her thighs.

Daphne bent her head towards him and whispered in his ear: "You're turning all red. How cute."

Fortunately, she left him alone the rest of the class. Theodore had gotten a headache from their short conversation. Why did everyone around him make such a big deal out of sex? What was the point? Was getting laid really all his peers cared about? Why? How? Theodore felt like the whole world was in on this huge joke he just didn't get.