Chapter 10: Dating For Real

Susan Bones looked up at Theodore Nott who was holding her on the floor of a toilet cubicle. A lot of things had felt wrong today, but not this. This felt right.

"Did you send me that poem?" she asked him.

Theodore's cheeks reddened as he replied: "Yeah."

"Is that how you feel about me?" she asked curiously.

"Yeah."

Susan laid her head against his chest and groaned. "I'm such an idiot! Trying to get Seamus back by pretending to date you while what I actually wanted was right in front of me."

Theodore didn't reply. God, he must think she was an awful person for playing around with his feelings like that. She had probably ruined it.

"He cheated on me, you know," she whispered. Her eyes filling with tears again.

"What?"

"I just found out. He kissed Lavender Brown while we were together last year."

There was a pause and then Theodore said: "Why? Why would someone ever do that to someone they care about? What a Gryffindork."

Susan laughed at the silly insult.

"Yeah, he is a dork, isn't he?"

Theodore held her a bit closer while asking: "Are you okay, Suzy?"

She sighed. "No. But I will be eventually."

They sat in silence for a few minutes until Susan cleared her throat. "I should probably go and confront Seamus."

"Are you sure you're ready for that? Do you want me to come with you?"

Susan shook her head. "No, I think I have to do this alone."

Theodore nodded and then he helped her get back on her feet.

___________________________________

Theodore Nott was trying to process everything that had just happened while walking back to the Slytherin common room.

He had felt so scared when he had seen Susan breathing like that and so relieved when he had been able to calm her down enough that she wasn't gasping for air anymore. Then she had quoted the poem and he wasn't sure what it had all meant. Did she actually feel the same about him?

And now she was going to confront Seamus because the dork had cheated on her. Just thinking about it made him angry. He did not want to see Suzy that upset ever again. She was an amazing person and if that stupid Gryffindor couldn't see it, then he didn't deserve her. He just hoped that she would be okay and that she wouldn't get hurt again.

___________________________________

Susan Bones stormed furiously over the castle grounds. In the distance she could see Dean Thomas and Hannah Abbott walking. Hannah waved to her as she approached.

"We won!" her friend shouted.

Susan reached the two of them and halted. "Where is he?" she snapped.

Hannah raised her eyebrows. "Who?"

"Seamus," Susan hissed.

"I thought he was with you," Hannah replied. "You guys left all of a sudden. We haven't seen him since." Then she narrowed her eyes. "What did he do?"

Susan turned to Dean Thomas. "Did you know?" she yelled.

"I'm sorry?" the boy asked confused.

"That he cheated on me last year?"