~Chapter 1~

(A/N: Play the video above when you get to this scene, I think it'll make reading the book all the more fun to read! XD)

 (Tom's POV)

I'm sitting in my police car at the speed trap, impatiently awaiting atleast one car, I move my head slightly to try spot one, but nothing. "Come on, one car?" I grumble to myself before shaking my hand in discomfort from holding the speed reader for so long. I pick it back up and move it around like a gun and fast, making car noises. Doing this causes me to accidently hit myself in the face with the speed reader. "Oww" I grumble. "I'm bored!" I exclaim, throwing my head back agaisnt the head rest. Suddenly my walkie talkie crackles to life.

"Tom, do you read me? Are you there?" Wade asks through the walkie talkie. I pick it up.

"No, Wade, I'm actually on a yacht in Barbados. With Rihanna" I joke for my reply. Wade chuckles in shock.

"OMG, That's amazing, please send pics" Wade replies.

"No, Wade. I'm at the speed trap" I exclaim in a dead tone, telling the truth.

"Already? How did you get back so fast? Barbados is in the ocean!"  Wade exclaims in confusion. I suddenly sense movement out of the corner of my eye.

"Hang on I think I got something" I exclaim, pointing the speed gun towards the thing I sensed moving. It's a turtle and it's speed read '0.01'. "Hey buddy! Where's the fire? Got kids living around here!" I yell out as the Turtle skuttles across the road. I chuckle. "That was kinda funny, sorry" I say, taking my sunglasses off. Suddenly I feel a whoosh of air pass me and my speed monitor beeps, it reads '296 Miles'! "What?" I ask myself, picking up the gun and examining it for damage. Suddenly I feel another whoosh and this time the speed gun reads '300 miles', my eyes widen in shock. I slap the gun's side, trying to get it to stop seemingly malfunctioning. I hear a whoosh come from somewhere again so I get out of the car and have a look for the car but strangely there's nothing there. I suddenly spot something blue and glowing in the grass. I slowly walk towards it and pick it up, twirling it in my fingers. It looks like some kind of glowstick, but It's curved! It can't be! Suddenly it clicks what this strange object is, It's a quill! Suddenly I hear my walkie talkie crackle to life again.

"Tom, we need you down on mainstreet there's been a violent gang shootout" Wade's voice exclaims through the Walkie Talkie. I get back in the car and speed off but suddenly I hear Wade chuckle. "Just kidding! A duck stole a bagel, but they do need it back" Wade exclaims. I roll my eyes and keep going towards main street.

(Sonic's POV)

I'm whizzing through the grassy areas surrounding the road, as I come to the road I come to a screeching halt. I spot a Turtle crossing the road at a super slow pace, there's also a car flying down the street about to run the Turtle over! I quick think and whiz over to the turtle and scoop it up and get it off the road in the nick of time! "Woah buddy! You almost got yourself killed out there! What are you some kind of adrenaline drunkie?" I exclaim as I pat it's head gently with my pointer finger. I put one hand on my furry hip. "Must be rough being slow all the time" I state, looking at the turtle with sympathy. I suddely get an idea and my face breaks into a huge grin. "Tell ya what, today is your lucky day!" I exclaim as I take off down the road with the turtle in my hands. "Whoohoohoo! Have you ever felt so alive?!" I exclaim, outstretching my arms. "This is great, you're doing amazing!" I exclaim, suddenly the Turtle goes flying out of my grip. "Oh jeez!" I yell, taking off down the other direction and scooping the turtle out of mid air and I rush back. "Good recovery!" I state as I whiz around the corner, whooping.

"Let's keep this our little secret okay? You never saw me, I was never here!" I exclaim, placing the shaking turtle down before running off back to my cave and somersalting inside the cave, doing everything from fiddling with my paddle ball to swinging around on my tire swing pretending to play my inflateable guitar.