~Chapter 6~

"Alright you two! You need to start talking now, who are you? What are you?" Tom asks, taking his eyes off the road for a second.

"We're hedgehogs....I feel like thats obvious!" Sonic replies, opening his mouth to say something else. "And we're in big trouble" I elbow him in the ribs.

"Excuse me Mr blue hairy ass We're in big trouble?! Nuh-uh! You are not me! None of this would have happened if you didn't freak out! Tom I swear this has nothing to do with me!" I recoil as I glare at Sonic.

"Oh sure! You're in trouble?! You're not the guy who just punched some goverment weirdo back there!" Tom retorts.

"You think you have problems?! We lost our rings!" Sonic retorts back. Tom looks comepletely perplexed.

"Rings?! What are you talking about?!" Tom asks.

"Okay, rings are how all advanced cultures travel between worlds, and now ours are on top of a pointy building I've only ever seen on your skin-tight t-shirt" he replies, kind of standing up in his seat, his fluffy blue tail brushing my face. "So I'd like you to take us to San Fransisco to get back our rings and use them to go to the mushroom planet' Sonic adds. Tom has a look on his face like he doesn't believe a word Sonic is saying.

"Mushroom planet.." Tom quotes, doinga mock nod.

"Yes!" Sonic confirms, seeming kind of annoyed with Tom, I roll my eyes.

"Right" Tom says as he pulls the car over and opens the door of Sonic and I's side. "Alright pals out you go!" Tom snaps as he opens the door. I jump out but Sonic doesn't budge.

"I'm sorry what?" Sonic retorts, not quite believing what he just heard. I grit my teeth in anger.

"SONIC COME ON LETS GO!" I snap.

"Yes please leave! Look, this is the worst possible time for me to get myself into trouble okay? You asked me to save your lives, I saved your lives. Now please, go find your rings, and your mushroom land, hopefully I'm gonna wake up in a hospital bed and the doctor's gonna tell me that my colonoscopy was a big success okay? So goodbye" Tom retorts, practically making a speech!

"Sure Tom, sorry for bothering you" I reply politely as Sonic slowly slides out of the car.

"Okay....goodbye" Sonic replies slowly, looking sad.

"Goodbye" Tom replies, sounding highly relieved. 

"Okay c'mon Sonic, lets go!" I snap, tugging his arm. But Sonic stays put.

"Why aren't you leaving?!" Tom snaps.

"We don't know where San Fransisco is!" Sonic retorts back. I facepalm.

"It's West" Tom replies.

"West?" Sonic questions, raising an eyebrow.

"Straight shot, can't miss it" Tom retorts.

"Fine, that's cool, We're totally cool saying goodbye now!" Sonic retorts rather rudely, grabbing my arm and speeding off in west.

(Tom's POV)

I watch in shock as the blue hedgehog whizzes off in the blink of an eye, the f/c hedgehog trailing behind being dragged by the blue one. "Huh" I say to myself, highly suprised.

(Y/N'S POV)

Sonic suddely just whizzed off dragging me behind him. "SONIC SLOW DOWN WE COULD FALL INTO THE OCEAN!" I snap but I spoke to soon, Sonic tries to screech to a halt but he obviously can't, we both tumble into the Pacific ocean. Sonic literally screams and runs straight back to where Tom's car is where he's still standing, silent, me trailing behind him.

"So, as we crashed into the cold dark water of the Pacific-"

"Sonic! Stop saying 'we!' It's you!" I interupt.

"Oh my god.....Anyway, As I crashed into the cold dark water of the Pacific, I realized a few things, A, I have no idea where I'm going, B, Saltwater stings, C, We shoudn't even be on this planet right now but we are! Why? Beacuse you shot me!" Sonic snaps.

"I know" Tom states.

"YOU SHOT ME!" Sonic shouts. I giggle quietly. 

"He's kinda cute when he's mad" I think to myself.

"Alright! I heard you the first time, you don't have to pile it on good grief" Tom groans.

"I'm wet, I'm cold, THERE'S A FISH ON MY HEAD! AND CLEARLY WE'RE NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO DO THIS ON OUR OWN!" Sonic shouts, counting the ailments on his fingers, frowning cutely. I giggle quietly again as I shiver a bit. Tom sighs and looks at Sonic, he's still frowning, suddenly the fish on his head slides down his forehead and slops onto the floor making a splat sound. That was too much for me to take so I burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" Sonic asks me.

"I'm sorry-! It's so funny that the fish slid off your head- BAHAHAHHAHAHAHA" I snort. Sonic rolls his eyes and a tint of blush rises to his muzzle as he smiles a bit.

"Haha very funny Y/N" Sonic replies, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Alright both of you get in the truck!" Tom says, agreeing to help us.

"Really? you're gonna help us?" Sonic asks, shaking the water out of his fur making his fur poof up like fuzzball. I burst out laughing again as I ruffle his now poofed up fur.

"Awwww so soft!" I squeak. One of Sonic's eyes seem to shut a bit and he gets the most goofy smile on his face as one of his ears droop a bit.

"Y-Y/N noo don't touch my ears-! BHAHAHAHAHHA" Sonic bursts out laughing, I must've hit his tickle spot or something.

"Lol sorry" I reply, removing my hand from his fur. Tom rolls his eyes.

"Yes, I guess it is a little bit my fault that all this is happening to you two" Tom clarifies.

"Not a little bit, entirely, it's entirely your fault" Sonic corrects Tom.

"Okay, it's entirely my fault are you two coming?" Tom asks.

"Yes" Sonic replies, shaking his fur again making it go back to normal before hopping into the truck as I hop in after him and close the door. "Road trip! WHOOP WHOO!" Sonic cheers, throwing his hands in the air, almost slapping me in the face in the progress. Tom sighs and he gets the car moving.

"What am I doing?" Tom asks himself as we drive off down the road.

I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SO LONG, I FINALLY GOT THE TIME TO TODAY-

Stay tuned! Next chapter should be out soon!

~ SteveLIDustin ❤