~Chapter 3~

(Sonic's POV)

I'm running through the forest near the baseball field, I come to a halt behind a tree noticing a game being held. "Woah, the playoffs!" I exclaim, watching in awe as a kid throws the ball and the batter hits it across the field and scores a homerun, winning the game for the team. I run over to the stands and hide under the seats, watching the game closer up, my smile widening watching the kid who got the homerun get congratulated by his whole team, he gets hoisted up onto his teamates shoulders, all patting him on the back and cheering in victory. I decided to wait till night to get a closer look at the baseball field.

It finally gets dark and everyone leaves so I walk out from my hiding place ont the baseball field, I look around in complete awe. "Oh, so cool" I whisper to myself, turning my head and I spot the equipment for the game. I get an idea.

"Bottom of the ninth, tie score, and exactly who you want at the plate with the game on the line, Sonic!" I exclaim, tapping the baseball bat on the plate before whizing over to the pitchers mound, sporting a baseball cap instead of the batter helmet. "But staring him down from the pitchers mound is the most fearsome southpaw in Green Hills, also Sonic!" I exclaim, swinging my hand around in a circle before putting my hands behind my back and smirking. I whiz back to my first position. "Okay, focus Sonic, if you win this game you'll be the most beloved kid in Green Hills" I pep talk myself, putting the bat behind me, getting ready to swing it before speeding to another place on the field. I rub my nose and run my fingers across the brim of my hat before tapping my cheeks in a quick sucession and making a fart noise with my under arms before moving my hand up above my head then putting then around my mouth. "Hit it to the guy in left! He's a real space case!" I yell before I run to another spot, blowing a bubble with bubble gum and it pops on my face, I run back to the pitchers mound. "Ugh, I can't with that guy" I exclaim in disgust before speeding over to another position on the field. "Hey batter Sonic, Hey batter Sonic, suh-wing batter Sonic!" I exclaim, doing a funny movement with my hands before finally starting the game. 

I throw the ball from the pitchers mound and use my speed to run to the batter's place, I grab the baseball bat and whack the ball with it as hard as I can which sends it flying across the baseball field. I start to run around the bases before I run back to the pitchers mound and I sit myself down and start sniffing a flower but I see the ball flying towards me, I gasp and quickly stand up trying to catch it. "I got it, I got it!" I exclaim as I jump for it but I miss it  and tumble to the ground. "I don't got it" I grumble as I run back to the batter area and start running around the bases. I run back and grab the ball and throw it and run back to running around the bases, the ball just missing my head. I run to the sidelines "Go home, go home!" I yell as I run back to running around the bases, I run to another position on the field, "Come on!" I snap, clapping my hands together, I run back to running around the bases and do a home run right before I run and catch the ball. "Safe!" I yell out. "Oh yes yes yes! I did it! I did it! Did you see that?! I did it! I did it!" I cheer, lifting up my hand to get congradulated by my team but no one comes. I look around for people but no ones there, absolutely no one. Reality suddenly sets in. "I really am alone, all alone, forever" I say sadly as I take the baseball helmet off my head and start running around the bases, doing hundreds of home runs, with every one I do I get faster and faster, my quills light up with blue, lightning radiates through my body as my eyes turn blue. Finally I can't take it anymore and I scream as a huge energy surge comes out of me, knocking out the electricity in the baseball field and the lighting keeps traveling all across Green Hills, submerging it in darkness. My lightning fades off and my eyes fade back to emerald green as my ears flop down a bit, "I'm sure no one noticed that giant blue explosion....right?" I ask myself as I run off to hide. 

(Y/N'S POV)

I'm sitting in my treehouse, trying to get some sleep but I'm snapped awake from my half asleep state as I hear a big bang, I turn my head in the direction of where the sound came from and all I see is a blinding blue light coming from the baseball field and that light moves towards my tree and after looking at it I realise that blue light is some strange lightning, It passes through the trunk of my tree and knocks out the electricity to my fairy lights strung around my tree! "Oh come on!" I whine as I climb out of my tree, activating my invisibility in the progress."But what was that?! Some strange bang then this blue colored lightning?!" I think to myself as I start to walk towards the baseball field to investigate what that was. No one's there but clearly someone was.  My eyes widen seeing the strangest thing, there's a huge dip  that travels all along the bases as if someone had run over it millions of times. I bend down and get a closer look. "How is that possible?! This wasn't here yesterday! No human could do this unless they had superspeed!"  I think to myself when suddenly it clicks in my head, the superspeed and the blue lightning! My eyes widen.