5.Meeting him

Mridula could not believe that Leela had gone to Pushkar without informing their parents.

'This is so unlike her...! And as far as I remember she doesn't have any friends there.' She thought as she walked back to her room after breakfast.

She decided to finish some of her work as she had no plan of going anywhere today. As she reached the room, she sat down by the desk and opened her laptop to work. But her mind was distracted by Leela's actions. She has been very secretive after that incident. She reread the message again and tried calling her but it was switched off. She read a few case documents and once she was done, she leaned back on the chair with a sigh of relief.

Her mind recalled last night's events. She shuddered at the thought of what would have happened to her if she hadn't escaped from there. She thought of going to the garden area to clear her mind of these negative thoughts.

She was walking towards the garden when she saw Veer talking to someone on the phone. He looked at her with a smile on his face. After talking for a few minutes, he cut the call and turned his attention to Mridula.

"Do you have any plans for today?" He asked politely to which Mridula shook her head in negation.

"I am going to meet my friend for lunch...Will you join us...?"

Mridula thought about it and nodded her head.

"I would love to...But first, tell me who is this friend?"

Mridula asked this question because she didn't want to make the same mistake as she made yesterday.

"Arjun Rajawat, Yuvraj of Bikanker. Now would you accompany me?"

Mridula nodded and said, "I'll meet you at the front porch in 15 minutes!"

She rushed to her room to get ready. She was sure her mother Vaidehi, wouldn't be troubled with her going out without her guards because Veer would be there with her. She selected a light blue Anarkali and paired it with silver Jhumkas. She quickly selected a matching pair of heeled sandals and rushed out not wanting to make Veer wait.

She saw him busy on his phone while leaning against the car. He passed her a smile as she came close to him.

Soon, they both got in the backseat of the car and drove to the Rajawat Mansion where they were supposed to meet for lunch.

"His wife will be there so you don't have to worry about getting bored with us while we discuss business." Veer said while looking ahead.

"So, you are going for a business meeting...? Don't you work a lot?"

"Just helping Bhai Sa...nothing else!" He glanced at her as he said this.

After half an hour of journey, the car pulled in front of a huge mansion. The helpers opened the doors for them both and Mridula thanked them.

They were greeted by Arjun's PA who guided them to a sitting hall with light golden interiors and European arts hanging on the walls. Mridula was busy admiring the interiors, when she heard a man's voice.

"Welcome, my friend!"

They both turned to the voice to find a young man maybe in his early thirties standing in front of them. He had a huge grin on his face as he hugged Veer from the side. He turned to Mridula and commented,

"Who is this...? Your girlfriend?"

As he said this both of them looked at each other. And then Mridula spoke,

"Mridula Chauhan...And No...I am not his girlfriend...just friend!"

She tilted her head towards Veer, who just stared at her with a blank face.