31. Exclusively mine!

The update took time because this chapter is lengthy!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Uday's POV

"That was Mridula's voice...What have you done, Uday?"

"Hello, Baba Sa!" I replied back as I dismissed Gaurav.

"That is not the answer I want, Uday...Why was Mridula asking for my help?" I squeezed my eyes shut. This woman always puts me in a tight spot!

"We had a fight over something and she wanted you to take her side!"

There was a long pause before I heard him again. "And why is she with you?"

"I'll tell you soon, Baba Sa...You just have to trust me!"

"I trust you but not your reckless behavior." His tone was a scolding one.

"Then you have nothing to worry about. I am not being reckless!" I ended the call immediately after all I had a wedding to plan!

I scrolled through my contact list and pressed on the desired number.

"Hello!" The call was picked up after one ring and her warm voice greeted me. I could hear loud children's voices in the background.

"I am getting married ..." The voices died down from the background and then I continued.

"And I want you to be there!" I have a promise to keep.

"But I didn't read about this in the news." She answered back.

"I will tell you everything once you get here." I heard her sigh.

"You haven't told your father about this, have you?" Hiding the truth of this marriage will be a task for me around her.

"Will you be there or not?" I distracted her with another question.

"I'll be there...I won't miss it for the world!"

~~~~~~

I pushed the door open once I didn't hear her reply. She was seated on the bed with her arms wrapped around her raised knees as she stared straight ahead. It felt like she would hole the wall and run out of here...As if I'll ever let her go!

I clicked the door close and that seemed to break her concentration. Her eyes snapped in my direction and rage and fury clearly shone in them. But there was something as well...something that bubbled a strange pain in my chest...!

She looked the other way as if silently dismissing me. We really need to work on this ignoring attitude of hers.

"There is one thing that you have to do before we get married..." I took a place on the bed next to her. She shifted herself away from me, putting ample space for another person.

"What?" She asked with a fixed tone.

I took out her phone from my coat pocket and pushed it in her direction. "Here is your phone..."

She finally looked at me, more like the phone in my hand as she placed her legs on the floor while still sitting on the bed. She glanced up through her lashes with slight shock. She was about to reach for it but I pulled back the phone making it out of her reach the next second.

I ignored her annoyed stare and continued. "Break up with your boyfriend!"

I suddenly felt agitation rise in me. Of all the men in the world, she chose him!