33. Closed door

A long chapter...someone is close to unraveling some secrets!

Happy reading!

Mridula's POV

I averted my eyes away from his furious ones and bent down to stare at the broken glass pieces on top of the photo. I hastily tried to pick the broken pieces and I was so engrossed with the task that I didn't realize when he was standing right in front of me.

I felt a harsh tug on my hand as he fisted his hand over mine. I stared up in slight pain as he brought me to my feet.

"Who let you in here?" He seethed as I felt his grip tightened. The glass shred pierced deep as I tried to twist my hand away.

"I..." He led us out of the room even before I could give an explanation. He called out for Kesar, who turned petrified after seeing him there.

He jerked my hand away from his and stared down with a dangerous look.

"Kesar, didn't you tell her that that room is off limits?" His gaze didn't leave mine as he asked calmly but we both knew that the case was the complete opposite.

"It is not her fault...She did tell me but I just ignored her words." I looked once in her direction, silently reassuring her and then back at Uday.

He took a step closer and I tipped my head further back to lock my eyes with him. He does seem a little scary at this moment!

"You are living under my roof...that means that you follow my rules and I want no one... not even you in there...Am I understood?" His words held an ultimatum that I so wished to cross.

"Well, technically...this property belongs to your father, not you." I couldn't help back the retort that left my mouth. From my peripheral vision, I could see Kesar's eyes widened in shock. I guess no one has spoken to their Yuvraj like that.

"Even he isn't allowed in there..." He snapped back. Something like sorrow reflected in those dark eyes of his before they went back to his usual hard ones.

"And I expect the same from you...Got it?"

My mind diverted to the pinching pain on my palm briefly. I then glanced at the room once. I accidentally broke one of his photo frames. Accident but I still feel guilty!

Uday looked at me like he was waiting for me to fight him but I just nodded.

Before I got to say my apology, he brushed past me to that forbidden room and slammed the door shut whose rattling noise echoed the quiet courtyard.

Kesar gave me a grateful look before she walked back in, leaving me alone. I turned to look in the room's direction. Should I apologize?

I sighed as I dragged myself in and up the stairs but rather than going to my room, I locked myself in one of the guest rooms of the palace, which were at the other end of this floor.

The room was of dark tones of green and had simple furniture all around which was a contrast to the rich and luxurious pieces all over the place.

I settled at the sofa that was placed against a huge rectangular window. I stared down at the glass piece stuck on my left palm. I winced slightly as I pulled it out. A few drops of blood oozed down but my mind was fixed elsewhere. The guilty feeling vanished from my mind.

His rules...He really thinks that I will ever listen to him. This situation is turning out to be more disastrous. I have to find a way out of here and when I reach home, I will just get this marriage annulled. And it will be like it never happened!