7.Jerkface

Soon, the announcement day was here. Vaidehi and Narayan knew it was for announcing a deal's success and also for Digvijay's marriage. But what they didn't know was that Digvijay wished to marry Leela, not Mridula.

Mridula was in her room with Vaidehi, who was helping her to look her best as she thought it was Mridula's big day.

'I would love to see their faces when they get to know Digvijay's choice has and always been Leela.' She thought as her mother was looking for matching jewellry to go with the outfit.

"Mridula, I guess this set will go with the dress!" Vaidehi said as she showed Mridula, a diamond set to which she just hummed.

'I wonder if Vaibhav would attend the party or not!' She thought as her mother was busy showing her the sandals.

'You should have taken his number, Mridula...! First, you forget to thank him and then when you meet him again, you forgot to ask for his number!'

"But what reason would I have given for asking for his number?" Mridula questioned herself.

"What did you say, Mridula?" Vaidehi asked as she hung the dress on the stand and kept the jewellry on the dressing table.

"Nothing, mom!" Mridula said as she realized she had voiced her thoughts.

Vaidehi eyed her with raised brows.

"I am going to get ready!" Mridula said as she dashed in the closet to avoid her mother's interrogation.

She heard the door close indicating that her mother had gone away. She peeked outside once for confirmation and walked out back to sit on the bed.

'I'll get ready after half an hour!' thinking this, she started scrolling through social media.

She didn't realize when the time past away. She looked up and saw it was already time for the party and she wasn't even ready.

"Damn you cute puppies for distracting me this much!" Mridula shouted as she kept her phone down and rushed to get ready.

She eyed her mother's selection thinking that she would have selected a better one but there wasn't any time. She picked up the dress and got ready in a hurry.

Even if she wanted to work like a supersonic machine, it still took her an hour to get ready.

'Because you were applying the lotion at a snail's speed and wearing your clothes as if you were a part of a slow-mo video!' Her consciousness chided her.

She strapped her heels and after glancing at the mirror, one last time, she moved out.

She moved past the entrance of the guest chambers to the long halls attached to the lower gardens to reach the venue.

As she entered the party, she looked around for Leela but she couldn't be found anywhere.

'Maybe she is still getting ready!' She thought as she was looking here and there for her sister.

Her train of thoughts was interrupted when she bumped into a wall but she was prevented from falling as it held her arm.

'Nowadays, walls also have hands...? No...You have bumped into a man, Mridula!'

"Watch where you are going, Mister?" Mridula hissed while looking up.

She looked up to find a man dressed in a midnight blue color suit. He looked at her with an annoyed expression and that ticked something in Mridula...anger.

'His ironclad and muscular body would have left bruises on me!'

"I see you have a perfect set of eyes...You can also watch where you are going, weird lady!" He said looking at her haughtily.