8.Meeting him again!

The next day, Uday and Vedika were en route to the hospital. Vedika saw a florist shop on the way and told the chauffeur to stop the car.

"I'll just get some flowers for her!"

"Is that even necessary...?" Uday's tone had a hint of boredom to it.

"Yes! It is...people like flowers! Maybe you'll understand when you fall in love!" Saying this, Vedika got down from the car and entered the shop.

'I and love...not happening!' He thought as he looked the other way.

He thought of going to Digvijay's office after this to apologize to him once again for missing out the announcement of his wedding.

After some time, Vedika entered the car from the other side with a bouquet of flowers in her hand.

"You know that these flowers will die after some time, right?"

Vedika gave him a side glare and said, "Quit being negative, Uday!"

"I am just telling you the reason why I don't like giving flowers to others!"

Vedika didn't reply but kept her gaze fixed ahead.

~~~~~~

"Thank you for coming to meet me here, Ma'am!" The maid said as she looked at Vedika and then turned to Uday.

"Thank you, Kunwar Sa!" Uday just nodded his head in acknowledgment.

"No, I should be the one apologizing to you...You got hurt because of me. I am sorry, Rina Ji!" Vedika apologized while holding her hand.

"Don't hesitate to ask for any help!" Vedika said.

"I only have one request if you could give my job to my daughter...this job is our source of income."

"No, that won't be necessary. Your job will be secure until you get better and you'll get the salary for the time you are recovering." Uday said to which Vedika nodded in agreement.

"Thank you! You both are very kind."

"Now, you rest!" Vedika said and moved out of the room with Uday.

As they were walking back to the car, Uday asked her

"Have you informed Uncle about this attack?"

Vedika shook her head in denial. "I'll tell him after he gets back from the conference."

She saw Uday's car next to hers and raised her eyebrows in question.

"I have to meet Vijay. You go home and rest!" Saying this, he opened the car door for her.

Once he saw her car drive away, he got in the car to go to Digvijay's office. He reached his friend's office but was informed by his PA that Digvijay had gone back home.

~~~~~~

Uday entered the palace and was greeted by Pratap, Digvijay's security in charge.

"Hukum Sa is with Rajkumari Sa. You can wait for him in his office." Pratap said with a lowered gaze.

He felt a weird feeling when he thought of Digvijay and that girl together but he brushed it off and nodded. He was walking to Digvijay's home office. He knew his way around the palace as he had spent most of his childhood here.

He was walking through the hallways, climbed one stair, and took a left turn. He saw Mridula walking in his direction, more like running.

'Does this girl ever walk?' He thought.