18. Logic versus Emotions!

Mridula's POV

"You have been MIA for the past few days...Where were you?" Anika asked while cutting some shapes from the light pink chart paper.

"I have been busy with work!" I shrugged as I diverted my attention to Rahul.

And also busy going on dates with Vaibhav. But that's something I'll tell them later. As I just feel it is too early to make it public. Time with him felt perfect...way too perfect! He was the perfect boyfriend: caring, funny, and kind. But there was something I just couldn't decipher.

"And this we'll use for decorating!" I said as I folded the paper multiple times.

We were at the Foundation, volunteering by helping the children with their homework and studies. We three volunteer here twice a week and we have been doing this since we were in high school. It is one of the activities that we are very diligent about.

"You missed our ice cream date also!" Meera stated as she checked Nidhi's progress with her math problems. Nidhi, who was in fifth grade eyed her with hope in her eyes.

"Again work!" I shot back as I got down to help Rahul finish his school project.

They both looked at me with doubtful eyes. And they were right, I had gone to meet Vaibhav at a restaurant that night.

"All of this is correct, Nidhi. Good job!" Meera high-fived her and Nidhi beamed with happiness.

The rest of the afternoon was spent in teaching and helping the children.

We were standing near the iron gates of the NGO, when I received a text from Vaibhav. He was going out for a few days for a business trip to London and he wanted to meet me before his departure.

"Tomorrow, we have to go for the food donation. So, be there on time!" Meera ordered as she hugged me and got in her car. Both of us waved at her as she drove away and then Anika and I walked to my car.

"By the way, where is your car?" I asked as we got in.

"Oh...I forgot to tell you! I was reverse backing my car in a hurry and I dashed it with Patel Uncle's car. So, it has gone for servicing!"

I shook my head and was about to start the car when my phone pinged again. I then remembered I forgot to message him back. I messaged him that I was going to Anika's hospital and he could meet me at the cafe across from it.

"Who are you messaging?" She asked as she fastened her seatbelt while she stared at me with a raised eyebrow.

"No one...Let's go!" I said as we drove off.

I dropped her off at the hospital which had tight security for some reason today. After that, I quickly drove to the cafe and parked my car nearby. I was surprised to see him waiting for me outside.

"I missed you!" He said as he wrapped his arms around me. I stilled at the sudden gesture. We have been on a few dates but I still feel awkward around him for some reason. Maybe it is because it has been years since I dated, so it will take time to get used to these physical gestures. Maybe my overthinking side is taking over again and it is making me analyze everything with scrutiny. I have to make myself remember that it is not a courtroom but my feelings that we are talking about.

He backed away with a warm smile on his face."And I'll miss you more when I am away. But it is Dad's order that I handle that deal."

I nodded in understanding, "Let's go in!"

"Sorry, I can't... My flight leaves in an hour and Dad is also coming along." He said as he glanced at his watch.

"But I wanted to see you before I went away!" I felt him walk closer to me and caress my cheek.