24. Belongs to you!

Mridula's POV

I glanced at the huge iron gate of the Shekhawat Mansion and then at the free road that I could drive on and get the hell of out of here!

No, Mridula...! Just march in there with confidence, give him back what belongs to him and then get out!

I found myself taking three deep breaths before I honked at the house gates. I drove in the front porch once I got approved by someone from the inside.

Now, he knows that I am here so I have no choice but to go ahead!

Unlike the last time, Senior Shekhawat's PA didn't greet me but a woman in her late forties. She informed that he was in the garden area and also that his father wasn't at home!

Alone...In his home! You couldn't have selected a better time to drop by, Mridula!

As I crossed the living room and into the garden, I noted that it was well-maintained but there wasn't a single flower in there. No other colour but green!

What else did you expect in his house...A colourful flowerbed?

I felt his eyes on me and that made me glance at his direction. He was sitting at one of wicker sofa that was situated at the centre of the garden. His warm beige skin gleamed under the sun. I had thought that he might wear business suits in his home also but today, he was wearing a set of white kurta and pajama. It felt homely and strangely comforting!

After what Vaibhav had told me about him, I wanted to confront him...to ask him if that's what he truly wanted from me! But then I remembered that they were mere words at the moment and he had not acted on them!

So I saw no point asking him about this...and it wasn't like I'll ever agree to him!

And besides I wasn't here to talk about that!

I started taking steps in his direction with my gaze trained on the green grass underneath my feet.

"Mridula!" I glanced up at the sound of my name and noticed him to be standing besides me. He gestured to me to sit and I made my way to the furthest sofa that was across from his. I tightened my grip around the strap of the bag as I settled down.

"So, what brings you here?" He asked in his usual tone. I looked around once and then my eyes landed on the wicker and glass table that separated us. I am sure by now there might be traces of an expression of distaste on my face.

"Do you have any good habits?" The question left my mouth before I could stop it as I stared at the cigarette case kept on the table.

"I do...I lift weights...workout and eat healthy!" He gave me a nonchalant reply. If it hadn't been for his attentive gaze on me, I would have thought that he was dismissing me. Maybe he is not used to people caring for him!

I can see that he works out by his great physique but what I don't understand is that why in the world would he engage in such a bad habit...

"And did those weights...ever hit your head that made you take up this worst habit?" I said as I point out to the case.

I saw him lean in with a tiny smirk on, "If I hadn't known you better, I would have assumed that you are concerned about me, Princess!"

"I actually have something that belongs to you!" His eyebrows raised up in question and my words shifted on the topic for which I was here in the first place.

"And before you accuse me...I didn't steal it!" I told him as I started to unzip my tote bag. But I should make this crystal clear because I don't want to be reported and taken to jail.