30. Acceptance

Last update of this year...

Vote and comment!

Happy reading!

Mridula's POV

I barged in the room and moved around hurriedly as I tried to collect my belongings. I can't stand to stay here another second!

I tried to even my breathing, I didn't wish to faint here

I felt his presence behind me as I zipped my handbag. I glance around the room in search of my phone.

"I want to go back...I can't stay here for another minute!" I exclaimed, still not looking at him.

"I thought you cared for your boyfriend...!"

"I do care for him...but I am not going to stay here and become a part of your sick proposal!"

"Sick proposal?" I finally turned around to face him. His eyes showed confusion as he narrowed them.

"Tell me...do you want me as your mistress or your slave?" I was met with silence and a look that showed that I had somehow angered him!

I walked up to where my suitcases were placed. I would just like to be out of here!

But before I could do that I was tugged away from them and I found myself colliding into his hard chest.

"Do you really think that about me?" I glanced up through my lashes. Not liking our close proximity at all!

"I don't know what to think of you!" I muttered as I tried to place some distance between us. And I even managed it, except that he still didn't let go of my arm.

"If not for this, then what do you want me for...For a one night stand..." His grip around my arm tightened and his jaw ticked in fury as he looked away.

"I want you as my wife...as my lawfully wedded wife!" My eyes widened at this revelation. He chuckled deeply as he stepped close while letting go of my arm. Our bodies didn't touch but the mere closeness was just enough to make me know how serious he was about this!

"I'm sure you didn't expect that from me, did you?" He sighed heavily as he ran his fingers through the side of my head and pushed my open hair behind my shoulder.

"Why?" My question forced him to look away from my shoulder and back to my face.

"Because nothing will hurt him more than losing you!"

Moments passed as we stared into each other's eyes. He then stepped away and made his way to the door. But stopped and turned,

"I will be waiting for your answer, Mridula...and I hope that it will be in my favour for everyone's sake!"

I massaged my temples as I slumped down on the bed. My head was overwhelmed with thoughts.

I got to my feet and paced around the room to ease my anxious thoughts.

I peeped out of the door and found three guards patrolling the small area just below my room. This man has thought well with his security planning but even I wouldn't give up.

I noticed how the evening was slowly turning into night.

I have to find a way to get out of here at any cost!

Just as that thought crossed my mind, I heard a knock and saw Kesar walk in with a tray of dinner.

"Yuvraj thought you might be hungry." She said as she started setting the table.